Photos not displaying in Photo station / Qumagie

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
rcr203
Starting out

Photos not displaying in Photo station / Qumagie

Post by rcr203 »

So - I have 20,000+ photos that I copied over onto a new NAS (253Be). Worked great- thumbnails created, QuMagie recognized faces and things, etc...

I have an android phone, and installed QFile and QPhoto. Using Qphoto to take a picture, it copies over and shows up in Photostation on the NAS.

Using Qfile, set up auto- upload from the camera folder to the NAS Photo folder into a sub-folder called "2020".

Qfile works fine. Uploaded everything. Take a new picture, uploads the new picture.

But, pictures in that subfolder do not show up in Photostation. Can't see the sub-folder 2020 in QPhoto or Photostation, and the uploaded photos from Qfile don't show up in the Shared photos.

So what gives? Share is set up on the Photo folder/subfolders, and I have a hundred or so sub-folders that are all year/month with photos as part of the original copy over that all are showing up fine. But anything added after aren't showing up.

Have tried creating a different folder than 2020, and reuploading photos.. photos again upload fine (over Wifi and mobile data), but don't show up on Photostation/QPhoto.
Dic3man
Getting the hang of things

Re: Photos not displaying in Photo station / Qumagie

Post by Dic3man »

Have you tried going to multimediaconsole where you add your content folders and there you just choose your photo root folder again and you could even mark the new subfolder folder (the 2020 one) you just uploaded aswell (just to make sure qnap has acknowledged the new folder).
rcr203
Starting out

Post by rcr203 »

Yes, i have the folder checked off in Multimedia and it's listed in share. Can't see it in Photostation as a folder.
JMO91
Starting out

Post by JMO91 »

Same issue for me on a TS431P.
It wasn't the case a few weeks ago.
Have approx. 90K photos to create thumbnails.

The new photos added to my photo folder are not scanned.
I can see the number of photos updated in the multimedia console increasing but :
* the process does not complete
* it stay in the "Generating" status.
* the scanned date is not updated

Anyone has same issue ? Thanks.
spaceda
New here

Post by spaceda »

similar issue here. but I can see photos from shared folder but not from direct path (which I can select i multimedia console in content sources)
dont want to create shares just would like to add selected folder
any idea whats not working?
nas: ts-453be,
firmware: 4.4.1.1101
jos.hennen
New here

Post by jos.hennen »

I had the same issue after upgrading to photostation 6.0.4. Reverted to 6.0.3 and it's back to normal. Definitely a bug in 6.0.4.
Th 6.0.3 version was still available here: https://www.qnap.com/en/app_center/?II=197
Erland552
Starting out

Post by Erland552 »

I'm using Photostation 6.0.3 and my photos do not appear in the Photostation folders.
jokoenen
New here

Post by jokoenen »

The mess was related to the faulty firmware uograde to version 4.4.2.1262, which was drawn back. So now there is firmware 4.4.2.1270 available as well as Photo Station 6.0.5 and this problem is solved
spbond
Starting out

Post by spbond »

After finally getting my NAS to update to 4.4.2.1270 build 20200410 I've noticed that the hours spend identifying faces in my QuMagie installation was a waste of time as everyone is now showing as 'Who is this?'.

I've also noticed that the Android client can no longer see anything in the People album whereas the desktop client returns a large collection of faces marked 'Who is this?'.

Thanks QNAP!
CPLasso
New here

Post by CPLasso »

I have a similar problem.

System is indexing and generating thumbnails but I cant find the images in QuMagie or PhotoStation. I am in 4.4.2.1270. My referenced files are the Q Sync files but they synced and up to date. I ve tried files direct from the QNAP but that doesnt appear to work either.

Appreciate thoughts on how I could fix this
bpazy
First post

Post by bpazy »

Same problem. Anyone some idea?
ioasuperuser
First post

Post by ioasuperuser »

I have the same issue. I can see the photos that are located in the Shared folder, but Private collection does not show any of the photos located in the Home folder of my user (simple user - not an administrator).

I think that this is a permissions issue for Photo station / Qumagie, since when I use as a simple user the "Folders" option in Photo station, it does not show any folders in the simple user's home folder. However when I use the administrator, and navigate at the "Folders" option in Photo station, I can see all the folders in the administrator's Home folder.
townclerk
First post

Post by townclerk »

Although photos appear in File Station correctly many do not appear in Photostation particularly my recent ones. When I check folders in Photostation some are empty but they have been clearly uploaded to File Station folder Multimedia/Sub folder: Photos by Date. Is there an indexing issue or some other background updating processing that needs to complete? Current firmware version: 4.4.3.1439. Model TS-251+
Any thoughts or solutions most welcome, thanks Alan.
sallysensation
Getting the hang of things

Post by sallysensation »

I can't get any photos to show up either. This is my first time trying photostation. Hoping to migrate from Google Photos since their interface is getting worse and now discontinuing unlimited photo storage. I have the latest firmware installed on my TS-251+ and indexing is complete.
Kamikaze01
Starting out

Post by Kamikaze01 »

TS-453be with 4.5.1.1495
Multimedia Console 1.3.1 and
Photo Station 6.0.13

Nothing working as it sould be.... photos sometimes not showing... uploading photos twitce with (copy) in the end of name...
my girlfried uploading to an own folder, which i can not accecc (permission problems...).

Indexing and crating thump nails sometime works, but not showing up in photo station.

We have to pay for google fotos next year... so i am looking for alternative. But qnaps Qphoto is FULL BUGGY AND NOT WORKING WELL !!!!
I am afraid of loosing all my pics with qnap

:-(

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”