Qphoto + Qfile - auto upload is not auto

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
Narks
New here

Qphoto + Qfile - auto upload is not auto

Post by Narks »

Group,

This is my first post to this forum, hoping you can help.

I've successfully setup both Qphoto and Qfile on my three mobile devices - one iPhone, one Samsung tablet, and one Samsung phone. My aim is for all photos, when taken on the native camera app on any device (not via the Qphoto app) to be automatically uploaded onto the NAS.

I have configured
-Auto upload on Qphoto
-Auto upload on Qfile

When initially configured, all existing photos and videos were successfully uploaded onto the NAS, with all folder structures retained - great! However if I take new photos, they are NOT automatically uploaded onto the NAS - but they start uploading only when I open the Qfile App.

I want this process to be automatic, and it is not. I have even tried enabling the "background data transfer" and "background uploading" settings in Qphoto and Qfile - this did not help.

Any suggestions on how to make this function truly automatic?
absGothic
First post

Re: Qphoto + Qfile - auto upload is not auto

Post by absGothic »

Hi Narks,

Same issue here...
I would like to use QFile to automatically upload new photos and videos whenever they’re created but, despite the configuration of “automatic upload” option, it doesn’t happen...
My telephone (iPhone) only send files to QNap if I open QFile...

Did you received a feedback? Have you found a workaround?

Has someone an answer to this request?

Many thanks in advance!
mkreli
First post

Post by mkreli »

Hello folks,
This is my first post as well. I am reading your thread because I have a slightly similar concern with pdf files documents. But never mind that.

I just noticed that in the QFiles app settings (iOS 14.4 - iPhone ) , under "Automatically Upload Photos from the Gallery" after "NAS" and "QGenie", there is a note : "Owing to limits to the Apple iOS system, please be certain that Qfile is running during the transfer of data."

So, I guess that means that if you just leave QFile open on your iPhone, in the background, your photos will upload on the fly.
But I would expect that having QFile open all the time will put an extra drain on your battery.
Castletek
First post

Post by Castletek »

mkreli wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:19 pm So, I guess that means that if you just leave QFile open on your iPhone, in the background, your photos will upload on the fly.
But I would expect that having QFile open all the time will put an extra drain on your battery.
I’m having the same issue, and this statement would be awesome and I’m not worried about the battery life if it would work. The problem is you have to have the app open and on the screen. It does not work in background, if you switch apps, go to the Home Screen, or the phone locks, it interrupts the backup and will not start until you open the app. I have all the update in background settings in the app and the iOS settings set to allow but it will not work. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

The limitation is a result of the battery saving function within your phone so the issue needs to be taken up with Apple/Google.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

It used to be the case (might still be) that 'location services' had to be enabled for the Qfile and Qphoto apps. This was how QNAP were able to get background uploads working.

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=122913
viewtopic.php?f=178&t=128611

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TimCar
First post

Post by TimCar »

nope, I know about the location services part

Am just deploying some brand new iPads, with 14.3 iOS, on QNAP TS-453Be running 4.5.3.1670 (just updated) with updated Apps.

Now the auto-uploads only start once the QFile app is opened.

Location permissions set to always.
90Ninety
Know my way around

Post by 90Ninety »

Was this ever fixed ?

I have the same issue; when uploading via qphoto, the app must remain open and displayed on the screen , otherwise the upload job stops. When switching to another app , or the phone screen sleeping , the upload needs restarting

Is this worth submitting a ticket for ?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Opening a ticket will certainly help more than digging up old threads in user forums

closed

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”