Can't install or update apps

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
yorkman
Getting the hang of things

Can't install or update apps

Post by yorkman »

I have the TS-469L nas and recently all app updates or installations hang at 80%, even if I reboot it and try again. There are no errors.

If I update an app then it goes to 80% and gets stuck saying Updating...for example, I tried to update Photo Station to the latest version (5.7.13) after it told me there's an update and it just sits there at 80%. It's not just Photo Station, it's any existing app or new app I try to install. There's over 300GB of space left so disk space is not an issue.

After several mins I finally got the option to cancel and when I did that the app is now missing completely. I tried to reinstall it and it just hangs at Installing...I then tried to reinstall it manually by downloading the package that's compatible with my firmware (4.3.4.0899) and it hangs at "Installing...75%"...Running background tasks it shows it's stuck at 80%. So I've lost access to Photo Station for good it seems. Waiting for the cancel option to come up so I can try updating the firmware to see if it helps but it won't let me update the firmware because it's detecting the installation hasn't finished.

What can I do to get it back and fix the hanging problem when updating or installing any apps?
yorkman
Getting the hang of things

Re: Can't install or update apps

Post by yorkman »

I was able to figure it out. I noticed that although I've rebooted the system several times, it NEVER actually rebooted it. I found this out when I happened to come across the System Up time and it showed 156 days. A shutdown didn't work either even though it would tell you Restarting... or Shutting Down... I had to power it off manually by holding the power button on the nas until it powered off. After that I was able to install Photo Station. I'm still going to update the firmware now. The system shouldn't be telling me that it's rebooting/shutting down if it's not trying, or at least it should tell you that it failed.

I must say although the QNAP nas was my first ever nas that I purchased I have went with Synology this time for several reasons. First, I bought another nas because I wanted to more than double my space and didn't want to stick with Qnap anymore. One of the reasons I went with Synology was that the forums users are faster to respond, or that they at least respond. People seem to really try to help. I can't say that about here when I think back to past experience here. I recall a few times nobody would here would reply and really try to help. But the hardware itself is great. Never failed me which is very important considering it was always RAID-5.

Anyway, Synology will be my main nas now.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”