QuMagie is not re-indexing new photos

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
coupeborgward
Starting out

QuMagie is not re-indexing new photos

Post by coupeborgward »

Hi there

I just noticed that new photos are not getting picked up my QuMagie. I guess the indexing might not get updated in real time which QuMagie is relying on.

Any settings I can change to get this working.

Using TS-251 with latest firmware
ukpbrown
New here

Re: QuMagie is not re-indexing new photos

Post by ukpbrown »

It was the same for me. I added a load and nothing re-indexed.

It did however when I did a reboot. Obviously I am hoping that is not the answer
coupeborgward
Starting out

Post by coupeborgward »

yep I noticed the same this morning. I had to restart the qnap due to an update of the firmware. It started working after that. So not sure if the firmware update did the trick or the reboot :)
ukpbrown
New here

Post by ukpbrown »

I'm not sure is the answer, to reboot every time you add some photo's :-) I was hoping for a live solution :-)
coupeborgward
Starting out

Post by coupeborgward »

just did a test after the firmware update. My qnap is now successfully indexing new photos without a reboot of the device. So all good for now
oliver.jennrich
First post

Post by oliver.jennrich »

I'm not sure that it has anything to do with the firmware - certainly QuMagie is not "volunteering" to indexing new photos after I added them. However, there is a (relatively) easy way to "encourage" the indexing:

1) log into your NAS via ssh
2) issue the command

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/QMediaService.sh restart
This is (more or less) what happens at a reboot.
john.w.zerbe
First post

Post by john.w.zerbe »

Mine wasn't indexing new photos and I stupidly used the "reindex" button and promptly lost all my face tags. I then found there was no way to restore them.
padrebardas
First post

Post by padrebardas »

john.w.zerbe wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:40 am Mine wasn't indexing new photos and I stupidly used the "reindex" button and promptly lost all my face tags. I then found there was no way to restore them.
The same thing happened to me today : QuMagie / Multimedia console was not indexing new photos added. I launched a re-indexing : tenths of hours of work lost.

That really is a show stoper for QNAP products
Theliel
Know my way around

Post by Theliel »

When this has ever happened to me, I have fixed it in two ways, usually always due to improper shutdown.

In the multimedia console, make sure 100% that the routes are added to QuMagie / QPhotos, since as I say after an incorrect shutdown they can disappear.

Once you are sure they are correct, reboot the NAS correctly.
hungchun
New here

Post by hungchun »

Theliel wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:53 pm When this has ever happened to me, I have fixed it in two ways, usually always due to improper shutdown.
I have the same issue and it seems like just happened after a sudden power outage (several months ago...)

I reboot and it triggered check disk process (it takes several hours), and then the photo not update anymore.

I use qsync to sync my photos in .Qsync folder and set the .Qsync folder path in media console, when I open photo station and want to browse .Qsync folder, it pop a message says I don't have permission to do it...

I update QTS version to the latest (4.5.3.1697), photos still not auto updated.
I also tried re-indexing and lose all my photo tags...

don't know what to do, so sad.
awarberg
First post

Post by awarberg »

padrebardas wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:03 pm
john.w.zerbe wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:40 am Mine wasn't indexing new photos and I stupidly used the "reindex" button and promptly lost all my face tags. I then found there was no way to restore them.
The same thing happened to me today : QuMagie / Multimedia console was not indexing new photos added. I launched a re-indexing : tenths of hours of work lost.

That really is a show stoper for QNAP products
I wish I had known this before I purchased my QNAP NAs. The software on the NAS itself is buggy, let alone the mobile apps (iPhone esp. is horrible).
steerage250
Getting the hang of things

Post by steerage250 »

I too, thought QuMagie was not re-indexing photos after ading another thousand to my collection. However, I notice that it is doing some every day - Multimedia Console (on the Overview page) will say "Completed" with today's date and a time around 5:30 am in the morning. If I then check under "People" in Photo Station, more face recognition has been done - not many, but some. It seems to be slowly getting there.

It would be nice to know what triggers it, and how to manually trigger it.
TS-251, PCs with Windows 10
steerage250
Getting the hang of things

Post by steerage250 »

More thoughts: I have thumbnail generation scheduled to happen between 11pm and 5:30am each night. I suspect it is not a coincidence that the facial recognition stops at 5:30am. I wonder whether QuMagie is triggered as each new thumbnail is generated ?
TS-251, PCs with Windows 10
Nickschnick
First post

Post by Nickschnick »

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/QMediaService.sh stop 
/etc/init.d/QMediaService.sh start
works for me, does not reindex all photos, only the once added

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”