How can I change the TV-Series title in Video Station?

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
ThomasvB
New here

How can I change the TV-Series title in Video Station?

Post by ThomasvB »

I'm a Dutchman living in Germany. Whenever I add a TV Serie to Video Station, the original titles are overridden by German (IMDB) titles. For example "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" is changed to "Per Anhalter durch die Galaxis", etc. For movies that is not such a problem because I can change the title back to English, but for TV Series that doesn't seem possible. Is there a way to switch off this annoying "translating" behaviour?
PIRATA!
Know my way around

Re: How can I change the TV-Series title in Video Station?

Post by PIRATA! »

I am having the same annoying behavior of automatic name changing.
It is really stupid!!!
I have my nas set in English and in Video Station I have set English as well, but as I'm in Italy I have most of my series names changed in Italian.
How to completely avoid this and just leave the file name as the movie/series name???
Thank you.

Ps: I am able to change the manes for both movies and series, but I have all configured (for now, still understanding how to configure everything) to be all under the Movies category.
QNAP TS-251+ with 2x Seagate IronWolf 4Tb (ST4000VN008)
ThomasvB
New here

Post by ThomasvB »

I can change the names of TV-Series manually by right clicking on them. That the titles of movies and TV-series are translated automatically in German is however very annoying. I assume that this has to do with the regional code on my PC.
PIRATA!
Know my way around

Post by PIRATA! »

ThomasvB wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:53 pm I can change the names of TV-Series manually by right clicking on them. That the titles of movies and TV-series are translated automatically in German is however very annoying. I assume that this has to do with the regional code on my PC.
If it is the regional code of your pc, it is very stupid. It should be the Nas language, or the language set into the app (that is indeed English).

Any solid fix for this?
QNAP TS-251+ with 2x Seagate IronWolf 4Tb (ST4000VN008)
scottdavidcarter
Getting the hang of things

Post by scottdavidcarter »

Same issue: 2 Fast 2 Furious shows up in Video Station and my smart TV DLNA NAS library as !rapido !furioso! and 13 Sins as 13 Pecados...
How stupid! I am in Mexico but my PC and NAS languages are all set to English. But if I look in a mapped drive at the same location they are showing proper.
Seems like something in VS is doing this.

Anyone figure it out????
Two each QNAP TS-251 with 8GB (Firmware 5.0.1.2277)
- Media/File Server, QVRPro with 7x ReoLink-410 5mp wired security cams, PC & Mac backups
lousyfool

Post by lousyfool »

Try -> Video Station -> Settings (under the 3 dots in the upper right) -> Category Settings. There you have "Data source" and "Language". I'm using TMDb and English... working fine.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

The names as displayed in Video Station are those scraped from your selected Data Source which is configured as detailed by lousyfool above.
The data source can be configured differently for "Movies" and "TV Shows" so that you can have movie details scraped from IMDB in English and TV Show details scraped from TMDB in Polish.

More than that, Video Station remembers the setting on a per movie or show basis.
You could for example change the settings to use TMDB --> Polish and then go to a Show --> Information --> Edit (icon in top corner) and select the Polish Show from the options.
Then you can change the settings to use TMDB --> Italian, go to a different show and edit the information to use the Italian name of that show.
Any new episodes added to those shows will use the settings that were last selected for that show. If you change the settings for a show then all episodes for that show will re-scraped with the new settings (which will also lose any custom edits to any of those episodes)

Note that the QNAP DLNA server (multimedia add-on) can be configured to either use the filenames or the default "Using Embedded Information". The latter uses the names exactly as shown in the VIdeo Station but the names will be displayed in alphabetical order.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”