QuMagie Poor Picture Quality

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
broxton
First post

QuMagie Poor Picture Quality

Post by broxton »

Hi all,

I found only very old threads regarding my problem, therefore I try a new one here.

I have bought last week the Qnap TS-230 and I have installed QuMagie and also Photostation and in the Multimedia Console I have start the Index and Thumbnails. In the menu I have choosed for my 16000 picture Thumbnails with low picture quality.

My problem is when I open a picture in the QuMagie, Photostation or even the Filestation app, my picture quality is always low and it has image fragments and the image becomes even worse when viewed in full screen mode. When I download the picture it shows me 100% the original qulaity and you see very clear the quality different between the one opened in Qnap and the downloaded one.

On my Ipad or Samsung smartphone I have the QuMagie app and you can change the quality in the settings to "orignall" but I can't find a way on my computer or sony smart tv.

I hope that someone can help me with this problem.

Best regards,
BR
live4love
New here

Re: QuMagie Poor Picture Quality

Post by live4love »

I am surprised QuMagie doesn't allow user to view photo with original quality in single photo mode, this should be the first function a photo tool need provide. This feature has been in wish list for years.

What's the reason why we open a photo viewer in PC/TV, to view a thumbnail? Yes, Multimedia Console provide an option, you can generate larger thumbnails for 4K displays. This is the way it get solved.
Theliel
Know my way around

Re: QuMagie Poor Picture Quality

Post by Theliel »

Its normal.

Multimedia Console let you choose a bigger thumb for 4K screens (I dont recommend it, bigger thumb, much more trashed space), default thumb are quite sufficient for almost all cases. Yes, QNAP could add a "original" mode in stand-alone photo too, should be pretty easy to add,

In any case, with a library of over 150k and using different devices, I have never had any kind of quality problem using even small thumbnails,

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”