Only 100 Movies Showing in Video Station

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
Herbius
New here

Only 100 Movies Showing in Video Station

Post by Herbius »

I've got a few hundred movies in a Films shared folder on my new T251-D and everything showed up perfectly using the "Movies" icon until a couple of days ago. Now, only the first 100 files are displayed.

If I change the sort criteria or order, a different hundred will be displayed, but not any more than that. If I use "Folder" mode, all titles display correctly.

Any suggestions?
T251-D + QM2-2P10G1TA - 2x8TB Seagate Ironwolf
SiBlack119
New here

Re: Only 100 Movies Showing in Video Station

Post by SiBlack119 »

Same thing is happening to me thought I was going crazy. TV Shows are showing correctly however.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

report it to QNAP via ticket then ...
Eric LEGOUPIL
First post

Post by Eric LEGOUPIL »

SAME THING! MAYBE CAUSE OF THE LAST UPDATE...
MOVIES ARE HERE BUT ONLY 100 APPEARS AT THE SAME TIME. WITH CHANGING FILTER, YOU CAN CHANGE THE MOVIES YOU SEE BUT NOT THEIR QUANTITY.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Eric, please stop shouting. I have very sensitive hearing. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Herbius
New here

Post by Herbius »

I've submitted a ticket.

I just wondered if I'd stupidly changed some setting or other, but hearing that others are having the same issues makes me suspect a new bug.
SiBlack119
New here

Post by SiBlack119 »

Yep, I've submitted a ticket as well.
Herbius
New here

Post by Herbius »

They asked for a screenshot. How can you screenshot this issue?????
Theliel
Know my way around

Post by Theliel »

I reported the problem days ago, and they are supposed to be working on it to fix it. So I preferred to get ahead of myself

Its a bug in PHP code in getTotalVideoCount function, without going into much detail, the SQL statement forged by that function is wrong if not filter is used, so that function return with false. With a "false" result in gettotalvideo function, AJAX code can't load any more Movies, so only the 100 first are showed.

My solutions is easy, and only required changing some lines, maybe its not the best solution, but seem work fine after some days.

file: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/VideoStationPro/videostationpro/api/libs/class_videos.php
Line: About 3941

Change the four conditional "if is_array" (for genreId_arr, year_arr, actor_arr and director_arr), to "if count (...) > 0"

So:

"if (is_array($genreId_arr))" to "if (count($genreId_arr) > 0)"

the same for the others three (year, actor, director).

Now, the SQL statement should be forged fine without any filter, correct videocount returned, and finally, AJAX code executed correctly.

Again, working perfectly here
GBurla
New here

Post by GBurla »

Theliel wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:41 pm I reported the problem days ago, and they are supposed to be working on it to fix it. So I preferred to get ahead of myself

Its a bug in PHP code in getTotalVideoCount function, without going into much detail, the SQL statement forged by that function is wrong if not filter is used, so that function return with false. With a "false" result in gettotalvideo function, AJAX code can't load any more Movies, so only the 100 first are showed.

My solutions is easy, and only required changing some lines, maybe its not the best solution, but seem work fine after some days.

file: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/VideoStationPro/videostationpro/api/libs/class_videos.php
Line: About 3941

Change the four conditional "if is_array" (for genreId_arr, year_arr, actor_arr and director_arr), to "if count (...) > 0"

So:

"if (is_array($genreId_arr))" to "if (count($genreId_arr) > 0)"

the same for the others three (year, actor, director).

Now, the SQL statement should be forged fine without any filter, correct videocount returned, and finally, AJAX code executed correctly.

Again, working perfectly here
Perfect solution! It works like a charm, thank you Theliel!
wayne61
New here

Post by wayne61 »

Thanks Theliel, your solution worked for me too. It also fixed the same issue that I was getting in the QVideo Android app.
Nixhel
First post

Post by Nixhel »

I got the same problem some weeks ago, i just reported a ticket today because it couldn't find any solution (i thought it was a problem for miniature/index generation).
Anyway the problem is there for Video Station, QVideo from phone and Qmedia from Android TV.
Glad i'm not the only one experiencing this problem, i hope they'll fix this soon with more tickets, or else i'll try the fix suggested here.

EDIT: Oh well didn't see it was a post from April, so no fix until now. :?

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”