Qlocker Ransomeware and image recover frm Photo Station

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
ozstar
Easy as a breeze

Qlocker Ransomeware and image recover frm Photo Station

Post by ozstar »

Hi,

I got stung by the Qlocker but have recovered 955,000 files mostly images and video using PhotoRec however all the file names have been replaced with numbers and is impossible to know what is what by the numbers.

I see the images okay, just the filenames is the problem.

In checking out the files, I see that there are many thumbnails of faces and I assume these are what Photo Station did when searching by face. I wasn't aware it actually created a thumbnail, I thought it was just a zoom in.

Now if I place all these unnamed files back in the NAS and Photo station, will it pick them all up as before even though the names have been replaced by numbers?

I have trawled to find any experts on Photo Station however so far have not been able to track anyone down so any help will be appreciated.

It is all the same for the video and music stations.

Thanks

oz
QNAP TS-231P 2 x 4TB Group 1 RAID 1
QNAP TS-451A 3 x 2 TB Group 1 RAID 5
Theliel
Know my way around

Re: Qlocker Ransomeware and image recover frm Photo Station

Post by Theliel »

Do not copy the miniatures, of course. It is easy to filter the images on your computer by resolution, and remove all the thumbnails.

Once you have the rest of the photos "sanitized", you just have to put them back in the NAS, the name is indifferent. Of course, MultimeciaConsole will re-index them, create the thumbnails again etc etc etc
ozstar
Easy as a breeze

Re: Qlocker Ransomeware and image recover frm Photo Station

Post by ozstar »

Many thanks Theliel.
QNAP TS-231P 2 x 4TB Group 1 RAID 1
QNAP TS-451A 3 x 2 TB Group 1 RAID 5

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”