Offline transcoding on TS451D

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
Yoming
New here

Offline transcoding on TS451D

Post by Yoming »

Good night everyone,

Recently I have purchased the model TS451D2 and I would like to make a question about the video transcoding.

I have seen the different options via Plex and internal transcoding but I have one more detailed question.

From my side, I would like to transcode one video in 720P HD but I would like to limitate the bit rate applied on this video as the Qnap usually apply the same as original. On windows softwares like Vidcoder for Mp4 you can apply these types of limitation but I do not know if on Qnap there is something (app for example) to do the same thing.

For curiosity, I would like to do that to save storage on my hard drives as I do not need a video with huge of tons of Gigabytes.

Thank you for your help in advance.

El Yom.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Offline transcoding on TS451D

Post by dolbyman »

It's all up to plex what settings to use, don't think you have much influence here

It's not a limitation of the QNAP or any driver, just of the way that Plex is using it.

Unless you have massive amounts of users, just use online transcoding, the intel iGPU should handle a couple of streams
Yoming
New here

Re: Offline transcoding on TS451D

Post by Yoming »

Hi Dolbyman,

Thank you for your asnwer.

As you commented, it is a plex limitation and I do not think I can change it....jeje.

My query is more for another app that can do it or maybe an application on docker that can do it. I need it to save space on my NASS as many videos has 720P with 700MB for the higher bit rate (unnecessary from my personal point of view) and I transcode it to 170-190 MB, lighter version.

Thanks again for your help.

El Yom.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”