Separate users

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
ve7tcc
Starting out

Separate users

Post by ve7tcc »

Do use these apps work with separate users?

Can user a keep their media private from other users?

Will it combine everything into one space?

Will qumagie look at other users photos without permission?
Like does it run as admin and ignore permissions?

Thanks!
Model: TS-h973AX
FW: h4.5.4.1800
Poppy
Getting the hang of things

Re: Separate users

Post by Poppy »

File permissions for individual users should be followed for media.
Some settings are definitely per user: in the Video, Music or Photo apps, when creating a playlist or similar one has the option to create it "only for me" or "share with other NAS users" for example.

QuMagie will look at all photos from all configured sources but it should use the app, user and file permissions when determining what results to display to a user within the application.
So if you tell QuMagie to look in the "homes" folders then a user's media will be added to the master database but should only be displayed as configured by the permissions.

You can also configure separate shared folders as sources so that the users have the option to include or not include them in their list (under Settings for the app)
For example: If you configure /Multimedia/Music/Classical and /Multimedia/Music/GangstaRap and /Multimedia/Music/Pop then users can choose to show or hide those categories and therefore all files in those categories at will.

Note that I said "should" because I have not properly tested all the permutations.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”