QMEDIA appleTV TVOS15 - black screen when viewing video

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
rcquery22
New here

QMEDIA appleTV TVOS15 - black screen when viewing video

Post by rcquery22 »

Hi,

I have been using Qmedia for a number of years to stream videos and photos to my Apple TV. Ever since I upgraded to TVOS 15, I can still view my thumbnails for both video and photos, but when streaming videos, the screen goes black while I can only hear audio.

I have two Apple TVs at TVOS 15 and both exhibit the same behaviour. All was good before the upgrade to TVOS 15.

I also installed plex on both the QNAP and also Apple TV, videos are displayed with Audio so there seems to be an incompatibility with the current version of QMEDIA with TVOS 15.

Has anybody else seen this issue ?
jcgnmm
New here

Re: QMEDIA appleTV TVOS15 - black screen when viewing video

Post by jcgnmm »

Yes, I recently noticed it, exact problem. I can play using iPad stream via video station to the appletv. Also I can play the videos on smart tvs over the network. I submitted a ticket for it to be checked.
joaommorais
New here

Post by joaommorais »

I have the same issue. Anyone has found a fix?
rcquery22
New here

Post by rcquery22 »

Hi, I opened a QNAP support ticket on the issue. I will post once I get an answer back.
jcgnmm
New here

Post by jcgnmm »

I opened a ticket too. Anyone with this problem please open a ticket with support.
jcgnmm
New here

Post by jcgnmm »

rcquery22 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:56 am Hi, I opened a QNAP support ticket on the issue. I will post once I get an answer back.
I am still unable to stream even with the latest Qmedia 2.1.0. I found another app and installed it and that worked so it doesn't seem to be an AppleTV problem. I prefer to use Qmedia because it is much more convenient with how things are organized for viewing.
joaommorais
New here

Post by joaommorais »

jcgnmm wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:17 am
rcquery22 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:56 am Hi, I opened a QNAP support ticket on the issue. I will post once I get an answer back.
I am still unable to stream even with the latest Qmedia 2.1.0. I found another app and installed it and that worked so it doesn't seem to be an AppleTV problem. I prefer to use Qmedia because it is much more convenient with how things are organized for viewing.
What app did you used?
rcquery22
New here

Post by rcquery22 »

my QNAP ticket was addressed and a bug fix was implemented but the new release that includes the bug fix QMedia 2.1.1.1015 has not been released yet. I keep checking my apple TV apps daily but still no update.
jcgnmm
New here

Post by jcgnmm »

joaommorais wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:22 am
jcgnmm wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:17 am
What app did you used?
8player Pro by 8soft. I found it in the apps fairly cheap, 5 bucks, there is a free version. It seems to work okay. I have no idea what the holdup with Qmedia update a reply to my ticket indicated there is a solution but it has been many weeks now. I have always used a separate view only account.
jcgnmm
New here

Post by jcgnmm »

rcquery22 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:39 pm my QNAP ticket was addressed and a bug fix was implemented but the new release that includes the bug fix QMedia 2.1.1.1015 has not been released yet. I keep checking my apple TV apps daily but still no update.
I found that searching Qmedia appletv in a browser https://apps.apple.com/us/app/qmedia-by ... 1095222585 will show the version.
rcquery22
New here

Post by rcquery22 »

Hi, QMEDIA 2.1.1 was released and it seems to fix the blackout bug. I had to change the settings in the QMEDIA app on the intro screen for video playback to use QMEDIA and not native. At first the screen was black on playback until i changed this setting. I find the app is still quite laggy compared to previous versions but I dont know if this is due to TVOS 15 or more bugs still in the new release of QMEDIA. At least I can now view videos once more from Apple TV

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”