Rating in Qnap Music

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
jerome5869
New here

Rating in Qnap Music

Post by jerome5869 »

Hi,

I noticed that the rating of my mp3 aren't display to Music Station. However, the rating of my mp3 are display with Windows 10.
I want to know if there is a solution to solve this problem.

I have a QNAP Ts-421 version 4.3.3 (Music Station 5)

Jerome5869
Poppy
Getting the hang of things

Re: Rating in Qnap Music

Post by Poppy »

I am assuming that you are referring to a rating as written in the ID3 tag of the MP3 files which will certainly be readable by Windows 10.
Music Station will ignore that tag from a file because it allows each and every user of the QNAP to provide their own rating for each track (e.g. Alice might rate it as 3-star, Bob might give 5-star and Charlie might give only 1-star for the same track). Ratings as entered in MusicStation will not be saved to the file and therefore be only be visible in Windows in specific circumstances.
jerome5869
New here

Post by jerome5869 »

Hi,

I want to know if there is a solution to import the windows notes in the music station database to update the notation field ( maybe a script?)
scottyrae
Starting out

Post by scottyrae »

I'm guessing there was never an answer to this.... My music is extensively rated and labelled in the ID3 tag, and I've historically use the rating in particular to listen by (and create auto playlists from) but not seeing a way to use this on the QNAP software (MusicStation 5 / QMusic) which negates the point of hosting my music on my NAS (which was one of the big use cases for buying the NAS). I'd almost be as well of using my PC running MediaMonkey, but it's not on all the time.

Unless there is some other NAS Media Server / music software that provides this functionality, is intuitive and has a nice GUI? Don't think Minimserver is it somehow! and Roon is tied to an expensive subscription.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”