Streaming Music playback stuck at 0 using Music Station. If playing from file station the connection times out

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
wynpalmer
New here

Streaming Music playback stuck at 0 using Music Station. If playing from file station the connection times out

Post by wynpalmer »

O/S: Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22621
NAS: TS-264 QTS 5.01.2277
Single port Network setup.
Screenshot 2023-03-11 135337.png
Orbi Wifi6 mesh system with ATT 1G Fiber.
I've tried this on several PCs in the network and the results are identical.
When I try to play on Music Station I can access the file but it never goes beyond 0 when I play it and as far as I can tell there are no error messages.
If I try to play from the File Station it shows loading for a minute or so and then a message appears that it is taking too long and the process halts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Streaming Music playback stuck at 0 using Music Station. If playing from file station the connection times out

Post by dolbyman »

why is there wifi connected on the NAS?

Connect the NAS to your general network..as long as that network in part of your wifi, it will be available on wifi
wynpalmer
New here

Re: Streaming Music playback stuck at 0 using Music Station. If playing from file station the connection times out

Post by wynpalmer »

1. The problem is that the music is encoded as FLAC. Once I realized that Music Station cannot natively decode FLAC and does not generate an error message, I was able to add Cayin Mediasign to fix the issue. Pretty hokey on Qnap's part, in my opinion.
2. The ATT Fiber BGW320-500 is connected to the Orbi Mesh router and provides internet connectivity. If I connect the NAS via ethernet to the BGW320 then Qfinder does not find it. Similarly, if I connect the NAS to the ethernet ports of the Orbi then Qfinder does not find it. Only if I connect the NAS wirelessly to the Orbi network can I see the NAS on the network. The wireless network is pretty fast at nearly 1Gb/s and it isn't an issue as far as functionality is concerned.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Wireless connectivity is notoriously wonky on QNAP ..

Sounds like a double NAT situation to me (where the ORBI is introducing an additional NAT layer, hence hardwired devices on the switch cannot be found)
wynpalmer
New here

Post by wynpalmer »

So far, the wireless has been fine, but if there was a way to make the ethernet connection work I would appreciate understanding what it is, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

without knowing the exact setup..hard to say

it sounds like a double NAT situation...can you reach your ATT router Web GUI from a WiFi client? If not, you have a double NAT
wynpalmer
New here

Post by wynpalmer »

Thanks for the insight! As it turns out it's operator error. I connected the NAS to the Link aggregation port on the Orbi. Once I connected it to one of the normal ethernet ports the problem disappeared.
Sorry for the Newbie problems and questions.
All now works as it should.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”