RTRR over Port 443 with reverse proxy not working

Discussion on remote replication.
marcHi
New here

RTRR over Port 443 with reverse proxy not working

Post by marcHi »

Hi,

I´ve the requirement to use rtrr over port 443/80.

My Konfiguration:
NAS-A: RTRR with Port 8899 behind an reverse proxy who is forwarding the "rtrr.example.com:443" to "1.1.1.1:8899"
NAS-B: RTRR with Port 8899 behind an firewall where only port 443 or 80 is allowed an no incoming traffic.

I configured at NAS-B an RTRR-Syncjob by accessing the "rtrr.example.com" as domain with port 443 and click test. I´ve got the message "Aktivieren Sie diese Option, um mehr Informationen in die Protokolldatei..". If I set some other parameters I´ll get an error without details. So I assume the connection is working. But there isn´t a checkbox to "activate this option". If I click on "Weiter / Next" I can select a folder from the local NAS-B but not from the NAS-A as the remote NAS.

What is wrong?

I´ve seen that the port is switching back to 8899 if I go backwards and now I think the frist step is using my port 443 and the folder selection is using the 8899 and fails. What do you think? Andy help?

## Update:
I´ve seen that the request "https://1.1.1.1:443/cgi-bin/backup/qsyncrequest.cgi?" runs into an timeout but the parameter port ist set correct to 443. The answer is empty.
studiox
Starting out

Re: RTRR over Port 443 with reverse proxy not working

Post by studiox »

I have limitied experience with RTRR but are you sure it's based on HTTP? If not you cant use a reverse proxy to hande it, you would need at TCP proxy (Or UDP) - or do NAT
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

Are you sure other ports are not allowed at all.
So you can't NAT 88990 to NAS-IP :8899 say?
Does "ports open" say 88990 is closed?
studiox
Starting out

Post by studiox »

He's not trying to do NAT, he's using a reverse proxy.

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”