Multiple shares/directories on remote sync

Discussion on remote replication.
arnaldo
New here

Multiple shares/directories on remote sync

Postby arnaldo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:15 pm

I'm using Hybrid Backup Sync to send a copy of several shares on my TS-569-Pro to Google Drive. I know that this may not qualify as the best backup approach, I'm doing for cost reasons.

As I have many shares, I end up with way to many "jobs" in Hybrid Backup Sync, as each job appears to be restricted to configure a single "source folder"-> "destination folder" pair. Strangely, the GUI seems to be designed to allow for multiple source-destination pairs, but once the first one is "added", the interface disables the option to add new source-destination pairs.

Is this really a limitation of the underlying software? Anyone knows a way to have a single job with multiple source-destination pairs?

Thanks in advance!

storageman
Experience counts

Re: Multiple shares/directories on remote sync

Postby storageman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:50 pm

Really? I can only see Cloud Drive Sync for Google Drive

arnaldo
New here

Postby arnaldo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:20 pm

storageman wrote:Really? I can only see Cloud Drive Sync for Google Drive

As far as I understand, Hybrid Backup Sync uses Cloud Backup Sync as the underlying transport support.

I started with Cloud Drive Sync and then upgraded to Hybrid Backup Sync, that I view as an aggregator of all previous backup package. Too many names for the same task and probably the same software under the hood.

storageman
Experience counts

Postby storageman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:26 pm

arnaldo wrote:
storageman wrote:Really? I can only see Cloud Drive Sync for Google Drive

As far as I understand, Hybrid Backup Sync uses Cloud Backup Sync as the underlying transport support.

I started with Cloud Drive Sync and then upgraded to Hybrid Backup Sync, that I view as an aggregator of all previous backup package. Too many names for the same task and probably the same software under the hood.

I could see backup to Google Cloud Storage in HBS but not Google Drive
Either way, yes, you can only pick one source folder.

arnaldo
New here

Postby arnaldo » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:30 pm

Creater Sync Job -> One Way Sync + Sync with the Cloud -> Local to cloud sync

Google drive will appear as an option (at least for me).

As for the single folder limitation, that is really bad. To sync 20 different folders, I need to have 20 different running processes.

I was looking for the configuration on the filesystem, and found it at /etc/config/cloudconnector/CloudBackupSync/cloudconnector.%system_shared%.conf
It's a one file hold it all for all jobs. The file is a simple JSON, quite straightforward to understand. I noticed that there is one key for "sync_paths", associated with an array of objects (src/dst). It looks like one could manually add more entries, as it is impossible with the GUI.

I will try looking into the Python code (not a Python fan) (looks like the sync is written in Python).

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”