Deleting destination folders after replication

Discussion on remote replication.
jensebhansen
Starting out

Deleting destination folders after replication

Post by jensebhansen »

Hi,

I have used RTRR to backup my old NAS (219p) to my new NAS (453D), and now I ended up with a pair of "Remote Backup #" folders I cannot seem to be able to delete using the FileStation. I believe I have delete all settings, jobs etc. related to the RTRR at both the old and the new NAS, but whenever I try to delete the folders I get an error stating that a file or folder could not be deleted and I should look into the system event log, which doesn't really provide any more information as to why.

The 453D is running 5.0.0.1891.

Anybody got any ideas to what I can do to delete the folders?

Thanks in advance
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Re: Deleting destination folders after replication

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

do you mean the "delete extra files at destination" ? this is a setting i use often.

my main nas backsup to the backup nas. so i have this setting enabled so it removes outdated stuff on the backup (but before i run this job, i make sure the main nas is without issue, or i'll be overwriting my backup with a problem of its own).

i just did my backup very recently with the latest qts and hbs, so it definitely. if it doesn't for you, could probly be some sort of misconfiguration perhaps?

maybe u could try create a test share, then create a test job and experiment with the feature to make sure it works. if it works, then something else may be going on preventing it working correctly. i would probly delete the hbs job and make a new one, and probly delete the backup to redo it again.

if u dont see anything that stands out in qulog, then you may have to ask helpdesk to check it out for you
https://service.qnap.com/
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”