Remote replication keeps failing - broken pipe

Discussion on remote replication.
jmarks
Getting the hang of things

Remote replication keeps failing - broken pipe

Post by jmarks »

i am attempting to remote replicate at night from one TS-659 to another, from my business to my home, which is behind a router. Making the connection between the two boxes is no problem, and I can see the NAS at work active before I leave in the evening. In the morning, the status is "Failed( Cannot replicate files)"

The log associated with the job says:

Code: Select all

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 5 bytes to socket [sender]: Broken pipe (32)
rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(200) [receiver=3.0.6]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (3503 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(600) [sender=3.0.6]
Is there a way to get a more verbose log about the transfer, such as when during the job the failure occurred?
Does this log mean that there is a time-out happening that the machines cannot recover from?
This nightly backup worked fine for a number of months, and is now failing.

This is unbelievably frustrating, and I would appreciate any ideas the community might have.

Thank you to everyone.
muppet1986
Starting out

Re: Remote replication keeps failing - broken pipe

Post by muppet1986 »

I get the same message, broken pipe failure.
I need more info.
Dofixit
First post

Re: Remote replication keeps failing - broken pipe

Post by Dofixit »

I had this error at a customer NAS recently, found out that there was a IP conflict in the network. Another device had set itself to the static IP on the NAS. After fixing this and upping the DHCP scope on the router the backup was working fine again.

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”