Snapshot restore time

Discussion on remote replication.
DaveBlack
New here

Snapshot restore time

Post by DaveBlack »

Morning, I have a client that unfortunately got crypto'd yesterday. They have 2 Qnap's that backup to each other - but unfortunately that process ran during the attack so backed up all the broken files. However we thought ahead and also enabled 7 days worth of snapshots.

We have checked the latest snapshot by simply restoring one folder and it worked perfectly and the data is good.

However the folder in question is pretty big, 2.25Tb with over 100,000 folders and probably a million+ files. Not all of that has been encrytped - but I want to restore everything as I have written scripts to merge back in the good data (they were using the system so just putting back the snapshot would lose good data).

Anyway 16 hours after asking the snapshot to restore this folder and sub folders, and it is still stuck at 99% - in fact it got to 99% within a minute or so and has been sat there every since. Is there a way I can check its progress? I am restoring to another location that is empty and no files have appeared yet.

Not sure if I should abandon this approach or not?

Dave

Devices are TS-870U-RP Firmware 4.3.3.0299 build 20170901 4gig ram. 26Tb of total storage with 11.7Tb used.
DaveBlack
New here

Re: Snapshot restore time

Post by DaveBlack »

Also - if this is working (its now at 100%) do all the files just appear in one go once its has done whatever block rebuild it is doing? or will there be some copy time whereby I see the files appear?

Dave
DaveBlack
New here

Post by DaveBlack »

Okay well for anyone else ever in this position, it has just finished - about 22 hours for 2.25TB - and all the files seemed to just appear in one go.

Yay!

Dave
thaidax
Starting out

Post by thaidax »

Hi DaveBlack, I'm experiencing the same thing with a 4+ TB folder, I'm 10 hours in, 98% and no files to be seen yet. I don't know if you ever read this message but thank you, I was panicking because I could not see any file but you just confirmed the files will appear all at once :)
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

closing this thread for necroposting after 5 years

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”