Grave warning when trying to enable rsync server: "This will reset all settings and connections"

Discussion on remote replication.
sanepidziak
First post

Grave warning when trying to enable rsync server: "This will reset all settings and connections"

Post by sanepidziak »

I'm trying to enable rsync server on our production NAS. This Qnap handles datastores for our VMware, so obviously it's VERY important. However when I try to enable rsync server on it I get the following warrning: "This will reset all settings and connections. Are you sure you want to continue?" Will this reset ALL connections, including existing connections from our VMware servers? Effectively stopping our VMs? The warning sounds serious but it's hard to believe enabling rsync would bring the NAS to a halt.

2022-11-30 08_31_40-EA-I09-14 — Mozilla Firefox.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
diwiwi
Easy as a breeze

Re: Grave warning when trying to enable rsync server: "This will reset all settings and connections"

Post by diwiwi »

That should only apply to the Rsync server' settings and connections
Bloozeman
New here

Re: Grave warning when trying to enable rsync server: "This will reset all settings and connections"

Post by Bloozeman »

diwiwi wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:14 pm That should only apply to the Rsync server' settings and connections
Spot on as that is all it refers to, e.g., any existing Rsync config for example if your changing the password/port or just net new setting up for the first time.

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”