Rsync from QNAP to remote location now working - "host is denied to login"

Discussion on remote replication.
mellda
New here

Rsync from QNAP to remote location now working - "host is denied to login"

Post by mellda »

Hello. I need help. I want to move approx 0.5 TB from my QNAP TS-212 to another (Synology) NAS. I don't want to simply copy it but I want to use Rsync because it checks the transferred data if there are no transmittion errors. I enabled Rsync in Synology NAS and tested it from my computer using this command

rsync -a DSC_0722.JPG rsync://mellda@192.168.1.100:873/Mellda

It works. Then I went to the the Backup Station in QNAP NAS and tried to create job for replication. But I'm unnable to connect to the rsync on synology. Everything is in LAN. Then I connected to the QNAP NAS using ssh and executed the same command as from my computer (using different file). There is error

@ERROR: host is denied to login
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(2558) [sender=3.0.7]

I'm helpless. Could somebody help me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
storageman
Ask me anything

Re: Rsync from QNAP to remote location now working - "host is denied to login"

Post by storageman »

As it says check port 873 open and rsync account username/password
mellda
New here

Re: Rsync from QNAP to remote location now working - "host is denied to login"

Post by mellda »

It works now. I did some settings on the synology NAS. I have no idea what helped. I disablet blocking users/ip in case of certain amount of login attemps and then there were "segmentation fault" error using the rsync command on QNAP ssh. I dis some adjustment of privileges, port forwarding and it starts working. Thank you. I am happy now I can transfered my data.

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”