2 QNAPs at 2 sites syncing to each other

Discussion on remote replication.
SedonaRider
New here

2 QNAPs at 2 sites syncing to each other

Post by SedonaRider »

I am new to QNAP, so please excuse the ignorance in my questions. I bought a TS-431P to replace my old ReadyNAS box that had been experiencing some minor problems. I thought I was buying just a replacement NAS system, but the more I study the QNAP product, the more I realize I bought something leagues above my old ReadyNAS box. There are so many features available, I realize I need to concentrate on just a few initially.

I need a solution for the two places I have. What I had been doing using a PC with a ReadyNAS box as local backup. I also backup to the cloud. I transport, across country, both the PC and ReadyNAS box between both places. Of course transporting two systems with hard drives has always concerned me. From what I have learned so far with QNAP, it is possible to replicate from one QNAP system to another remote QNAP system. What I would like to do is purchase another QNAP and PC for the second location, thus avoiding the transport. Then I would like to replicate between both QNAP systems, so if the files on either QNAP system were updated, the updates would be sent to the other QNAP system. I would only be in one location at any time, so an update conflict would never occur. Is there a way to setup the QNAP systems to do this? It may be a simple option, but I have not found the answer yet.
LCD114
First post

Re: 2 QNAPs at 2 sites syncing to each other

Post by LCD114 »

Well, not so much activity on this forum ...
So I indicate you that the answer is just few posts below : viewtopic.php?f=22&t=59831

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”