QNAP VPN Client L2TP/IPsec

Discussion on remote replication.
philippe406
New here

QNAP VPN Client L2TP/IPsec

Post by philippe406 »

Hi all

I guess i'm in the correct play of this board to post my question.

Ok so I have a QNAP TS-453A Nas server.

I would like to connect the QNAP (home network) to a remote VNP server (At office) by using the L2TP/IPsec (I'm the admin at both ends). Could you please tell me what should be the settings such as the encryption methods AES128 etc...) that should be done on the remote VPN server. Upto now i'm unable to connect at all.

Also for your information I'm able to connect to this remote VPN by using the standard L2TP/IPsec clients that are in my iphone/ipad or macbook pro. So there no any issues with port forwarding etc......I'm also able to connect via a VPN client such as Shrew vpn wich is capable to manage ikE and ipsec...

My remote VPN server is a Zyxel Zywall 310. But I guess this is more or less the same with any router. I already had Cisco, netgear etc... and the VPN server setting when it comes to IPsec is more or less the same....

If you want I can post some pics of the setting page of my Zywall but I guess the only issue is in the VPN client settings of the QNAP which is unable to deal with and encryption method.

Also for you info, all user accounts, password, and shared keys are ok because they are the same as with my other connecting devices...

I've given a big google search befor posting here, but I didn't find much information about the L2TP/Ipsec client which is installed in the QNAP..

Thank you in advance for any help or answer that you can give...
:)
philippe406
New here

Re: QNAP VPN Client L2TP/IPsec

Post by philippe406 »

No one to help me ? :roll:

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”