RTRR Target Directories Disappear!

Discussion on remote replication.
myuniqueusername
First post

Re: RTRR Target Directories Disappear!

Post by myuniqueusername »

I hope that I am not distracting from the issue at hand but I wanted to share that I periodically get a message that a shared folder from my QNAP has disappeared / gone offline / no longer shared. I am using Carbon Copy Cloner on a Mac to copy content from the QNAP via an SMB connection to a local drive. CCC will periodically fail on a specific backup job with the following message, "The backup task was aborted because the source volume disappeared." In this case, the source volume is the SMB share on my QNAP. I am perplexed by this as it does not happen every time the backup job runs.

Let me know if there are steps I can take to help diagnose the issue or add to the troubleshooting knowlege-base.
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

myuniqueusername wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:09 pm I hope that I am not distracting from the issue at hand...
You are.

Please open your own thread with your very specific and totally different problem.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
FSC830
Experience counts

Post by FSC830 »

bidmead wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:36 am ...
So you can't, after all, back up two different directories into the same main directory and hope they'll both appear there as subdirectories.
--
Chris
Yes, you can :) but folder pairs needs to be set in following configuration:

source shared folder -> target shared folder:

/Public/Docs -> /Public/Docs
/Public/Gmail -> /Public/Gmail
/Public/Somethingelse -> /Public/Somethingelse

Setting in all cases the target folder only to /Public will not work, thats correct. You need to set the subdirectory as the target path.

When installing HBS, Backup Station disappears, that is usual. When deinstalling HBS, Backup Station is available again :P .

Regards

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”