NAS dropped off the network, can't access

Discussion on remote replication.
kgwalker
New here

NAS dropped off the network, can't access

Post by kgwalker »

Model TS-231P
Firmware updated in the last few months

Although this device was a file server for an office with a dozen users until a few months ago, that role has moved to a different device. As of yesterday, the only role of this device was to host an MS Access file that all of our users need access to.

Last night I got this warning:

[Warning][Malware Remover] Notification from your device: tetra

NAS Name: tetra
Severity: Warning
Date/Time: 2021/04/26 03:00:27

App Name: Malware Remover
Category: Malware Removal
Message: [Malware Remover] Removed vulnerable files or folders. Malware ID: MR2102

There is so little use of this device that I was surprised to see this message.

About 12 hours later, users found the device inaccessible.

I went in to the office and found users on the system could no longer see the server on the network at all. Qfinder could not find it either. I restarted the qnap device. No change. I did the 3 second reset. No change. I have done the 10 second reset and will see in the morning whether I can find my way in to the system. Assuming I can't, can someone point me to the next step? There are less than a half dozen files I need to recover.

Cheers,
Ken Walker
kgwalker
New here

Re: NAS dropped off the network, can't access

Post by kgwalker »

The 10 second reset produced no improvement. Is it possible to pull one of the hard drives (they are a raid pair) and read it from another computer?
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

why did you do a 10 seconds reset? you just removed all users and groups. a 3 second reset would have reset admin pwd and network settings. :roll:

https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/knowledg ... -explained
all settings including users and groups as well as shared folders will be removed. Your data on the drives will not be deleted. To retrieve the old data after an advanced system reset you need to create the same network shares on the NAS and the data will be accessible again.
the Malware ID: MR2102 error is nothing abut malware remover removing vulnerable files from HBS3

I suggest you download QFinder, and see if you can find your NAS https://www.qnap.com/en-uk/utilities/essentials
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
kgwalker
New here

Post by kgwalker »

I have run Qfinder and it does not see the nas at all.
kgwalker
New here

Post by kgwalker »

Since I only want to recover 3 or 4 files and won't be using it beyond that, is it easier to pull one of the hard drives, connect it to a pc and use some software to let me copy the files?
kgwalker
New here

Post by kgwalker »

I realized that the drive is not just ext4 but it is one of a mirror pair using raid. Which variety of Raid would it be?
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Mirror is RAID1..see your screenshot

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”