How to recover a TS-x73 from endless boot sequence?

Discussion on remote replication.
Almyn
First post

How to recover a TS-x73 from endless boot sequence?

Post by Almyn »

My TS-673 had started to endlessly reboot. What I have done sofar:
– removed the PCIe card (all further tests were conducted without this card inserted). Same results
– removed the disks. Same results
– booted only with the 2 x 2 GB sodimms in slots 1 and 3, with and without disks. Same results
– booted only with the 2 x 8 GB sodimms in slots 1 and 3, with and without disks. Same results

I could not find a way to reflash the firmware for this model, so I have files a support request. I have copied my key-backups to another system, I gather I could miss the less important files. While that is true, it still hurts. I got some questions because I want to prepare for the worst (the darn thing will never come to live again):
- I tried to figure out how to reinstall the firmware. It seems that that is not possible on this model
- I wondered if it is possible i take out the disks and install in another system. I found this page and my model is not mentioned

Because of the two limitations mentioned above I wondered if the TS-x73 is not such a good model (stronger words scrapped) or whether I miss something?

My current configuration of the TS-673 since about a year:
– 4 x 3 TB disks in raid 10 configuration, 1 TB unused spare
– the original 2 x 2GB memory, 2 x 8GB crucial sodimms
– QM2 – 2P10G1T, with 2 1TB nvme SSD’s
Trexx
Ask me anything

Re: How to recover a TS-x73 from endless boot sequence?

Post by Trexx »

You really need an small Nvidia GPU card like a 1030/1050 installed so you can see what the error is.

Try holding reset button in for like 10 (?) seconds does a full system config wipe so could try that as well.

Hopefully you have backups of critical data just in case data on drives was affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
dolbyman
Guru

Re: How to recover a TS-x73 from endless boot sequence?

Post by dolbyman »

Also, this here is the migration guide (to move the dlsks over if the nas is bust)
https://www.qnap.com/en/nas-migration

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”