Real-time Remote Replication using thunderbolt 3

Discussion on remote replication.
Lugie
Starting out

Real-time Remote Replication using thunderbolt 3

Post by Lugie »

Hi!

I am connecting both my Qnap devices to each other with thunderbolt 3. They are now connected to each other and I have been able to test the speed with the speed tester and noticed a major increase in speed. Now I want the HSB3 Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR) to use my thunderbolt 3 connection so I wen into my RTRR job-setup and go to network settings then I choose Thunderbolt Bridge but there is an orange text saying Unavailable. I choose the Thunderbolt Bridge connection as manual assigned network interface to try it out even if it said unavailable but I got an error when I start the job. Do I need to create a new virtual switch for Thunderbolt port 1 instead of using the default Thunderbolt Bridge Virtual Switch? And if so, what settings do I use for the new virtual switch for it to work?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NAS: Qnap TVS-872XT, Qnap TVS-1282T3
FSC830
Experience counts

Re: Real-time Remote Replication using thunderbolt 3

Post by FSC830 »

Not sure, I do not have any NAS with TB. But may be you can check if a service binding setting is available so that HBS uses the TB interface.

Regards
Lugie
Starting out

Re: Real-time Remote Replication using thunderbolt 3

Post by Lugie »

Can anyone help me with this? Or at least confirm whether it is possible or not.
NAS: Qnap TVS-872XT, Qnap TVS-1282T3

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”