Photo Station - No option to download from a Shared link

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
pjaffe
New here

Photo Station - No option to download from a Shared link

Post by pjaffe »

I'm running Photo Station 5.7.1, and when I Share a set of photos, the web viewer for the Share link does NOT seem to provide an option to download photos (or the whole set of photos in the share).

The forum post viewtopic.php?f=24&t=55561&p=361119&hil ... ad#p361119 implies that this was a feature at some point in the past, and I thought I had used that frequently as well. Did the Download option get lost during some recent software upgrade to Photo Station? Or is it user error on my part, and the feature is there, and I'm just somehow not finding a way to enable it or access it?

Here is an example of a set of photos shared through my device: https://JaffeQNAPCloud.myqnapcloud.com/ ... sid=0oZLpi

Without a Download option, I'm being forced to share my photos through means outside of my QNAP device... which is definitely not my preference!

Thanks,
Pete
pjaffe
New here

Re: Photo Station - No option to download from a Shared link

Post by pjaffe »

Turns out there is a checkbox setting to enable/disable this feature. I don't ever remember disabling it, so I wonder if it was a new-ish feature that was introduced with a default of "disallow."

Anyway, this has a really easy fix... In Photo Station, select "Settings" from the triple dot menu at the top right. Within that, on the Miscellaneous tab and under "Other setting" is "Allow guests to download photos and videos." This was unchecked in my setup. I checked the checkbox and voila!

I'm annoyed it took me so long to find this!

I think this post can be considered closed!

Return to “Features Wanted”