API or IFTTT command to stream music to chromecast

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
mamaplank
New here

API or IFTTT command to stream music to chromecast

Postby mamaplank » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:43 pm

Hi All,

I'm using domotica to automate my home and also have some Google Home speakers. I can tell them to dim the light, start Netflix and play something from spotify, but I can't play my local music collection stored on the QNAP.

I know QNAP Music Station can stream to chromecast and all of the google home speakers are also chromecast devices. I also have a chromecast connected to all of the TV's.

But it seems as if I can only start streaming to chromecast using Music Station. I would love to be able to say "Ok Google, start playlist xxx on QNAP", triggering a IFTTT command to QNAP starting that playlist to one or more chromecasts.

I also have a Homey device within my home, it is also connected to the Google Home devices and could also send SSH commands to the QNAP. So google home could trigger a IFTTT to the Homey device, sending a SSH command to the QNAP in order to start streaming the desired playlist to a chromecast.

Of course working with IFTTT ingredients would even be cooler so I could ask google home to start playing a specific album or song from the QNAP. I tried to get this to work, but it seems as if with IFTTT we can only start playing music to local audio output, not to chromecast.

Hope this can be implemented

Return to “Features Wanted”