fido U2F security key support?

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
Theliel
Know my way around

Re: fido U2F security key support?

Post by Theliel »

Moogle Stiltzkin wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:39 pm
Theliel wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:41 pm +1

We definitely need support for FIDO U2F and FIDO2 (Webauthn). Its not about some specific Security key support like Yubikey/Titan, FIDO U2F like FIDO2 (Webauthn) are now standards, with FIDO2 we could even login in a passwordless environment. Both technologies are very well documented, standards, with a lot of ready-to-play code samples and should be "easy" to support, at least, of course, for Web Access.

SMS 2FA is fine, and TOTP is "perfect" for everyday use, but FIDO2 is the next step, much more secure, easier, faster...
well titan had a small hiccup due to a flaw
https://www.wired.com/story/google-tita ... ecall-ble/

but ultimately the bug free version for these either titan or yubikey would be nice :)

Yes, among other things, it is one of the reasons that Yubico never launched a Bluetooth key, although he worked on it for a while. In addition to being more insecure and prone to failure, they require their own power supply.

Anyway, U2F/FIDO2 should be a must to have in present days if you need/want a secure environment
killpilot
New here

Post by killpilot »

hi all,

me too i love my yubikey 5, and for my QNAP admin account, if i could use my yubikey it would be really great....

hey QNAP TEAM ... HELP US ;)
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

no qnap team here....you need to open tickets
ColleyTX
First post

Post by ColleyTX »

+1

This is a stronger method than just an OTP.
PietervTex
First post

Post by PietervTex »

its astonishing that in the day and age of security QNAP has not yet jumped at FIDO U2F.
given the many exploits aimed at QNAP and the multiple other security options and upgrades that have been released.

its obvious as well that being the first NAS to actively support Fido/U2F would give QNAP a major marketing and technological boost over other NAS options - of which there are Many.
also whom are being exploited.
Be a leader QNAP..
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Features Wanted”