Pcloud as natively supported cloud backup provider

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
Rolf_T
First post

Pcloud as natively supported cloud backup provider

Post by Rolf_T »

Hi,

I'd like to propose to integrate pcloud as a cloud based software provider being accessible by QNAP back and/or sync tool like google or amazon or HubiC.

Pcloud is a relevant cloud storage provider who offers quit a scale of sync/backup and even crypted storage solutions.

WebDAV is basically supported by QNAP but only for a limited number of cloud providers...not pcloud.
Other NAS like e.g. Synology have entered pcloud after ongoing requests in their forums.

I asked support for pcloud integration but was only answered like "perhaps in a future version".
So, if there are more requesters this might give us a stronger voice, so that the deciders may put it on the agenda.

Hopefully many people may follow this proposal and submit answers to this request....

Greetings,
Rolf
kh1874
First post

Re: Pcloud as natively supported cloud backup provider

Post by kh1874 »

Hi,

I've the same problem. I often wrote to QNAP and pCloud to hope they once will come together so that we, Users of Qnap and pCloud,
can use a connection from QNAP to pCloud, and not only by WEBDAV, which also doesn't work.
Up till now I became answers of pCloud and QNAP.

QNAP answered me that they transmitted my Feature Request to the Development Department and hope that this function will be released in one of the next updates.
-- Which update I don't know. Does it really happen I even don't know. --

pCloud answered me: Unfortunately, we have not tested the service with NAS. However, your case is already on our list with improvement requests. Once we support fully NAS, we will let you know.
-- When ??--

Nice greetings
kh1874
bristoljon
New here

Post by bristoljon »

Same issue. Just signed up to life time 2tb plan and found there is no automated way to backup the NAS to it :-/

I probably should have checked first but have messaged them to add some support to the cause and will ask for my money back if no imminient plans to add support on horizon.
volan
New here

Post by volan »

I also bought 2TB storage, specifically to backup my NAS, but unfortunately QNAP doesn't seem to play nice with pCloud. How do I request QNAP to add pCloud as a WebDAV client?
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

volan wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:02 am I also bought 2TB storage, specifically to backup my NAS, but unfortunately QNAP doesn't seem to play nice with pCloud. How do I request QNAP to add pCloud as a WebDAV client?
Via a ticket.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
bristoljon
New here

Post by bristoljon »

Just in case it helps. I figured out you can add pCloud as a remote inside file station and manually copy folders over for backing up.

Seems that FileStation has a more relaxed implementation of the WebDav protocol so doesn't complain when pCloud returns 200 when it should return 201 as someone else on here has figured out.

At least this way you can create the initial folder structure then hybris backup should work for backing up new files until a new folder is added
uuholo
New here

Post by uuholo »

yes please implement pcloud as native cloud ... considering the pcloud market share there is enough of interest
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

as always, feature requests don't do anything here...you need to open a ticket

necropost on top > thread closed

Return to “Features Wanted”