FEATURE REQUEST - Qsync to show thumbnails in Space-Saving mode

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
sepsol
First post

FEATURE REQUEST - Qsync to show thumbnails in Space-Saving mode

Post by sepsol »

I'm using my NAS to store my family's gallery and we're all using PCs. It's really frustrating that I can't share the photos with the family in any meaningful way on their PCs. WebDAV and FTP both are slow and don't work well with Windows File Explorer. SMB works fine and shows all the thumbnails and everything but is no use when you don't have a connection.

Qsync has the most potential to be the way to go since you can view and modify your files offline and they'll sync back up to the NAS once you're online again. But the issue here is that the current version of Qsync on PC (5.0.7.1122) don't show the thumbnails for files that are in "Online-Only" mode with "Space-Saving" mode.

Now before anybody stops me, I have already seen this page and I know that IF I were to disable the "Space-Saving" mode and allow ALL of my data to be downloaded, I'll be able to see the thumbnails. That's no use as well, cause even with the "Space-Saving" mode enabled, I can still download everything and see all the thumbnails.

SO the issue is that I wants to see what I'm about to download BEFORE they download it.

I know this is possible on Windows because Microsoft's own OneDrive is using it already. Take a look at the screenshot below:

P.S.
I surfed the whole web and I couldn't find a single solution. I am open to other complementary software and solutions that would generate the thumbnails for File Explorer. Although ideally this would be something baked into Qsync.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OneCD
Guru

Re: FEATURE REQUEST - Qsync to show thumbnails in Space-Saving mode

Post by OneCD »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Features Wanted”