Amazon Cloud Drive

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
Evadman
Starting out

Re: Amazon Cloud Drive

Post by Evadman »

felizf wrote:there is a cache version of the hybrid sync app on google but i am not sure if qnap removed it for a reason so... yea

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us
toco3 wrote:For everyone else trying to use it, you also need Cloud Backup Sync:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=at
It may have been removed because it is unstable. I installed both on one of my QNAP boxes (the 853-Pro) and it worked on the first load. However, I was unable to sue it to connect to anything besides the apps already on the box (glacier, S3, webdev) and it was acting wonky. for example, in the log secion, when the app was first opened or the tab switched to, a red error log entry would pop up for a split second. it was too fast to read. When I click on the 'view logs' option, all that happens is that there is a tab/button on the very top of the UI (just like for any other app) except it continually spins/rotates. It can not be closed. I restarted the browser, then the box. Now, the hybrid sync app opens, but there is no content. just a white page. I uninstalled the two apps, then reinstalled, but the sequence just repeats.

So yeah, it appears to be unstable; at least on my 853-Pro. So that is probably why it is no longer in the app list. I don't want to install it on my other qnap box, just in case it did something.
felizf
Starting out

Post by felizf »

Evadman wrote:
felizf wrote:there is a cache version of the hybrid sync app on google but i am not sure if qnap removed it for a reason so... yea

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us
toco3 wrote:For everyone else trying to use it, you also need Cloud Backup Sync:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=at
It may have been removed because it is unstable. I installed both on one of my QNAP boxes (the 853-Pro) and it worked on the first load. However, I was unable to sue it to connect to anything besides the apps already on the box (glacier, S3, webdev) and it was acting wonky. for example, in the log secion, when the app was first opened or the tab switched to, a red error log entry would pop up for a split second. it was too fast to read. When I click on the 'view logs' option, all that happens is that there is a tab/button on the very top of the UI (just like for any other app) except it continually spins/rotates. It can not be closed. I restarted the browser, then the box. Now, the hybrid sync app opens, but there is no content. just a white page. I uninstalled the two apps, then reinstalled, but the sequence just repeats.

So yeah, it appears to be unstable; at least on my 853-Pro. So that is probably why it is no longer in the app list. I don't want to install it on my other qnap box, just in case it did something.
also very unstable with my ts451. hoping qnap can fix the issues soon rather than later
sergiolfernandes
New here

Post by sergiolfernandes »

I also have the same problem on ts-453mini :/
toco3
Starting out

Post by toco3 »

On my TS-239 I got Amazon Cloud Sync working but all my "Remote Jobs" are gone. If I create a new job for sync with another QNAP Device I cannot enter a username :-( So still very buggy - I hope QNAP will release a bugfixed version soon!
jessesanford
First post

Post by jessesanford »

I would also like this please. Even if there are limitations on file size it could be dealt with at the application level.
MichaelAsg
Starting out

Post by MichaelAsg »

wchpitt wrote: My current solution is to rsync my target folder over to my synology nas and then have it sync with Amazon Cloud Drive because...
my cheap, little, two bay, 2 year old, happy homeowner... SYNOLOGY NAS SUPPORTS AMAZON CLOUD DRIVE !!!! while my almost brand new business class 6 bay QNAP does not...

As Bill the Cat would say PFFFTTTH!
I have a small synology and I think this is a good idea. How to do that rsync of the QNap folder to the Synology folder?
Metrextik
First post

Post by Metrextik »

WHEN IS THIS GOING TO WORKKKKKKK!?!?!?!?!?!?! (I am totally annoyed with not having this).
ashu928
Starting out

Post by ashu928 »

I am also unable to find "Hybrid Backup sync" app on my TS-212 (Firmware 4.2.0)
I hope QNAP fix this soon, as i will be paying $60 to amazon for nothing...
toco3
Starting out

Post by toco3 »

it's a shame that there is no answer from QNAP for weeks!
amaldona
New here

Post by amaldona »

It's a shame, but this is a deal-breaker for me. I was thinking about buying a TVS-863+ but now moving to Synology.
digitrob
New here

Post by digitrob »

It is a great shame Amazon Cloud Drive is still not supported. I think it was planned to introduce this feature back in Q3 2015. I am also thinking of moving to Synology.
TheLizard
New here

Post by TheLizard »

Not sure I'm ready to dump my investment in the qnap equipment over this one service. It may simply not be designed for that kind of service anyway. It would be nice, but I'm still experimenting with workarounds using Connect to Cloud, but so far I'm getting a lot of errors trying to copy files to the Amazon Cloud Drive at all. ("unknown" errors). This morning I noticed that my qnap failed to adjust to daylight savings time, so maybe that has something to do with it.
brichardson2013
New here

Post by brichardson2013 »

I too would like a backup to Amazon Cloud Drive. However, I DO have a backup to S3, and quite frankly, I'm not sure that Cloud Drive will do what S3 can do. I can backup to S3, then move it to Glacier as it ages, and save big bucks. Let's be honest - if you really think about it, there's not a LOT of data that you NEED backedup unless you're a business. I pay roughly $4 per month for S3/Glacier. Even at $6 per month, I'm not sure that I'd rather use Cloud Drive over Glacier

A better way might be to sync things from my phone to Amazon Cloud, then over to S3/Glacier for long term. Still trying to figure out if I really need Amazon Cloud - like so many others, I got the 6 month free email and I'm going to try it out. Not sure what I'll do at the end of the 6 months.
teckel
Know my way around

Post by teckel »

Except that Amazon Cloud Drive is free for unlimited images which is what I use it for and why I'd like the Backup Station to allow for backup to my Amazon Cloud Drive.
windowshopper
New here

Post by windowshopper »

Please answer this question.

Thanks.

I'm not familiar with your products so can you please clarify:
If I purchase the T-231, is there currently a tool to to connect it to Amazon Cloud drive without extensive technical configuration?
I don't know what QTS 4.2.0 is.

http://www.amazon.com/QNAP-TS-231-Perso ... op?ie=UTF8

Thanks!

- matt

Return to “Features Wanted”