Amazon Cloud Drive

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
MHuijbregts
Know my way around

Re: Amazon Cloud Drive

Post by MHuijbregts »

windowshopper wrote: If I purchase the T-231, is there currently a tool to to connect it to Amazon Cloud drive without extensive technical configuration?
This is a very much debated topic and I believe that at this very moment this is not possible. There was a solution in the past but the mix of a revoked QTS 4.2.1 with an unstable release of the Hybrid Backup Sync make it not easy/impossible to get this set up in an easy way right now. As always the people of QNAP will tackle this ultimately but there is no view on timelines. Questions like that should be targeted through the proper QNAP channels as this is a community run forum (not closely monitored by QNAP).
windowshopper wrote: I don't know what QTS 4.2.0 is.
QTS 4.2.0 is the current firmware that runs on the different NAS machines of QNAP.
Cheers,

TVS EC880 / 8 x 6TB WD Red in Raid 6 / QTS 4.5.4.1800
Hybrid Backup Station 3 / Virtualization Station / Container Station / QSync
TS-509 Pro / 4 x 2TB Seagate in Raid 5 / QTS 4.2.X (latest build)
psalmeida
New here

Post by psalmeida »

I found this tutorial: https://www.reddit.com/r/qnap/comments/ ... oud_drive/
I know it looks daunting BUT! I am not techy and yet was able to follow the setp-by-step instructions and now am a happy owner of a QNAP automatically backing up all my stuff to ACD.
psalmeida
New here

Post by psalmeida »

Found this tutorial: https://www.reddit.com/r/qnap/comments/ ... oud_drive/
I know it looks daunting BUT! I am not techy and yet was able to follow the setp-by-step instructions and now am a happy owner of a QNAP automatically backing up all my stuff to ACD.

(not an app, but better spend a couple of hours to get it up and running than not to have it at all...)
trigtrig
Starting out

Post by trigtrig »

I thought you all should know. Hybrid Backup Sync and Cloud Backup Sync have now been added to the QTS App Center under Beta Lab, as of yesterday, May 30, 2016. https://www.qnap.com/i/en/app_center/in ... ontent_top

I have not yet tested this yet, but will soon. If you look at the changelog for Cloud Backup Sync (the module that enables sync to cloud backups in Hybrid Backup Sync) now has Amazon Cloud Drive listed as a "New Feature". That means there is official Beta support for sync to Amazon Cloud Drive (once again).

I believe this is the moment we have all been waiting for. Let's try it out!

Lastly, as a side note, they specify that ACD support is under the "Sync" ability, not the "Backup" ability. This should help you understand how to configure it.

Woohoo!
TheLizard
New here

Post by TheLizard »

So far so good. I was able to add a "Sync" job using Amazon Cloud, and it's now syncing my iTunes library.

I'll post back if I have any issues.
MHuijbregts
Know my way around

Post by MHuijbregts »

TheLizard wrote:So far so good. I was able to add a "Sync" job using Amazon Cloud, and it's now syncing my iTunes library.

I'll post back if I have any issues.
I just deleted the Hybrid Backup Sync & Cloud Backup Sync because when trying to add a cloud provider the Amazone Cloud Drive was not there for me. Where did you setup the connection for the Amazon Cloud Drive?

Thanks,

Edit: Added the screenshot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,

TheLizard
New here

Post by TheLizard »

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 7.58.53 AM.png
You won't find it in the storage spaces section. From the home "Overview" screen, select "Sync Now", then "Sync with the cloud", then "Local to cloud", and then one of the choices is "Amazon Cloud drive".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MHuijbregts
Know my way around

Post by MHuijbregts »

TheLizard wrote:
You won't find it in the storage spaces section. From the home "Overview" screen, select "Sync Now", then "Sync with the cloud", then "Local to cloud", and then one of the choices is "Amazon Cloud drive".
I got it, thanks for clarification! Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Cheers,

tyfung
First post

Post by tyfung »

thanked all for the suggestion. the Amazon cloud drive link with the hybrid cloud app worked well. very dummy proof, perfect for me.
treefiddy
New here

Post by treefiddy »

TheLizard wrote:
Thank you. Will the data be encrypted using Amazon Cloud drive? Cannot find the option to turn it on.
TheLizard
New here

Post by TheLizard »

I don't know anything about QNAP or Amazon based encryption. I use my own file encryption on the files I place in the sync folder. If you want real security, that's the technique I recommend - make your own private keys and keep them safe - don't use anyone elses' keys.
netkoen
First post

Post by netkoen »

Hi...

I have setup the Hybrid Backup Sync of ACD and it works. I have alot of pictures stored in ACD and are therefore currently syncronizing them down to my NAS.

However, I only get 1 mb/sec, which isn´t much since I´m setting on a 100/10 mbits/sec connection. So I was hoping for 8-10 mb/sec in download fra ACD to NAS and NAS to ACD of 1 mb/sec.

What download speeds are you experiencing? And if they are a lot higher than mine, do you than know how to fix that?
TheLizard
New here

Post by TheLizard »

Yes, it's quite slow. I'm seeing similar speeds (or less). I think that's the nature of the "Amazon cloud drive". They have other storage services that are faster.
treefiddy
New here

Post by treefiddy »

TheLizard wrote:I don't know anything about QNAP or Amazon based encryption. I use my own file encryption on the files I place in the sync folder. If you want real security, that's the technique I recommend - make your own private keys and keep them safe - don't use anyone elses' keys.
what encryption software can you recommend?
Thank you and sorry for OT
devnull1234
New here

Post by devnull1234 »

Hi all,

currently I'm testing the add-on "Connect to Cloud Drive" for the "File Station".

After connecting to a Amazon Cloud Drive there is a new mount-point visible:
CloudDrive on /mnt/rf/cd type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,default_permissions)

The real content is then available in a sub-folder, e.g.:
/mnt/rf/cd/0/1234567890123456789012345678901234567890/Documents

How can I make it accessibal over a SMB share?

My little test:

I created a share "Cloud": /share/Cloud

Within this folder I created a symbolic link:
ln -s /mnt/rf/cd/0/1234567890123456789012345678901234567890/ AmazonDrive

After that I can access over SMB the share "Cloud", but not the folder "AmazonDrive". I get a message with access denied.

The reason for that seems to be simple because I connect from my windows-client with a non-admin user to the share.
The original mount-point CloudDrive is mounted with admin-user rights.

Editing the "Privilege Settings" of the "Remote connection" inside the "File Station" to grant access for specific users doesn't solve the problem.

My question: Is it possible to mount "CloudDrive" with rw access-rights for non-admin users and make it then available over a smb-share?

This is my configuration:
Model: TS-853A
Current firmware version: 4.2.2
Date: 2016/11/02

Markus

Return to “Features Wanted”