Custom File Station Download Page

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
James211
Getting the hang of things

Custom File Station Download Page

Post by James211 »

For those of running small business's, branding is always important. It would be great if we were able to customize the filestation download page to match branding. Even if its just the ability to put a name and logo, that would be huge. I made a small sample, this would be the very basic. Ideally we would be able to change colors as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TS-470
Firmware: 4.1.1 build 1101
4 - Western Digital 2 TB 3.5-Inch WD Se SATA III 7200 RPM
pwilson
Guru

Re: Custom File Station Download Page

Post by pwilson »

James211 wrote:For those of running small business's, branding is always important. It would be great if we were able to customize the filestation download page to match branding. Even if its just the ability to put a name and logo, that would be huge. I made a small sample, this would be the very basic. Ideally we would be able to change colors as well.
There is a full Apache Web Server on your NAS. You can setup any Web site you want, and can put any graphics etc on it too, so your "Branding" shouldn't be a problem. (You don't need Download Station in order to make your files available for your customers). :idea:

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
James211

Post by James211 »

Might I also mention that one of the biggest things for me is that I can access the file station with the qnap app on my phone and setup downloads on the go.
TS-470
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

James211 wrote:Might I also mention that one of the biggest things for me is that I can access the file station with the qnap app on my phone and setup downloads on the go.
What does this fluff have to do with the original topic?

If you want a custom Web Page with "branding" etc, simply build it. You can access the "Web" share on your NAS from any of your PC's to build the Web page on it. You don't need any Linux skills whatsoever. I'd suggest software for your PC, but you haven't divulged what OS is installed on your PC's.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

i think he means he will be providing access to his clients to login to filestation to download, so he wants an image banner for personalization, branding purposes, fluff as you would call it but marketing as Don Draper from madmen would say ^^

But you can share otherways by creating shared download links, then adding the link to your website, then it will prompt code required, if you configured the download link as such. The only downside to that is, you got to do 1 link at a time if i'm not mistaken.

For this later scenario, under wordpress environment, there are some download manager layout plugin, requiring users to be registered and logged in, and access to that download area can be publicly accessible, or hidden behind some form of paywall mechanism.

the download link to files on qnap can be obfuscated (assuming the plugin has this feature, or maybe filestation can do this maybe? ) so people won't attempt to manually browse directories (which by the way you should setup some htaccess or something to disallow that).

https://wordpress.org/plugins/download-manager/

Summary
in a wordpress website scenario, you can have a download file manager in place, where you can modify with all the personalization for your smb.

and you don't have to directly give them access to filestation. rather filestation can generate the links to be shared with password/or not, then add the links to your wordpress download file manager plugin system.

and use a paywall/or not....

public or private....
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
James211

Post by James211 »

I did submit a ticket to Qnap, and they told me to post it here.
TS-470
andreaseidhagen
New here

Post by andreaseidhagen »

I'm guessing this subject is dead but I would be very interested in something like this. I like the simplicity of filestation where I don't have to work with wordpress or similar but would be a great touch to make it more personal with my own logo.
James211

Post by James211 »

I agree....i never did get a response from them about this either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TS-470
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

there should be plenty of file hosting scripts you can adapt to your design and run on your qnap
vladblindu
New here

Post by vladblindu »

I managed to hack this by replacing the QNAP logo with my own in the png file after taking a look in the source code.
But this is a hack. One should be able to customise this page as long as we pay for this software. Right nowQNAP is advertising on my company's download page. I could agree for a fee....:)

The answer with the existing web-server is useless as long as the File Station is generating links that point to share-cgi.

I really hope there is a better way to do this and someone from QNAP giving a proper answer to this question.
ijduncan
New here

Post by ijduncan »

vladblindu wrote:I managed to hack this by replacing the QNAP logo with my own in the png file after taking a look in the source code.
But this is a hack. One should be able to customise this page as long as we pay for this software. Right nowQNAP is advertising on my company's download page. I could agree for a fee....:)

The answer with the existing web-server is useless as long as the File Station is generating links that point to share-cgi.

I really hope there is a better way to do this and someone from QNAP giving a proper answer to this question.

How did you do it?
ogio855
New here

Post by ogio855 »

I would be interested as well how the logo was changed.
I changed the following locations, restarted the unit and the QNAP logo still appears.
Further, if I delete the logo from all 4 listed locations and restart the unit, the original QNAP logo files all return.
all under home/httpd/
cgi-bin/apps/fileManager/images/shareLink/logo.png
cgi-bin/loginTheme/theme10/iamges/logo.png
cgi-bin/loginTheme/theme/images/logo.png
cgi-bin/images/bg/logo_wallpaper.png (this one is a different size)
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

ogio855 wrote: I changed the following locations, restarted the unit and the QNAP logo still appears.
You have to write a script that replaces the original files with the modified versions on every startup
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

ogio855 wrote:all under home/httpd/
cgi-bin/apps/fileManager/images/shareLink/logo.png
cgi-bin/loginTheme/theme10/iamges/logo.png
cgi-bin/loginTheme/theme/images/logo.png
cgi-bin/images/bg/logo_wallpaper.png (this one is a different size)
Yes, if you restart, you'll have to make these changes every time. But this is an embedded OS so that's not unusual. ;)

To help, run this installer to create an autorun environment, then add your own script to the script-store to perform file linking|copying|replacement as required in /home/httpd.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ogio855
New here

Post by ogio855 »

OneCD wrote: Yes, if you restart, you'll have to make these changes every time. But this is an embedded OS so that's not unusual. ;)

To help, run this installer to create an autorun environment, then add your own script to the script-store to perform file linking|copying|replacement as required in /home/httpd.
Makes sense, but this assumes that when I replace the logo files in the locations listed that it should work if the NAS isn't restarted. When the files were replaced, the QNAP logo still populates the sharelink, even if I create a new one that didn't exist before.
Does anyone know if those file locations are correct for the logo it is using? I have searched all image files in the cgi-bin location and those were the only 4 all white/light grey logos that appeared.

Return to “Features Wanted”