IFTTT integration

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
Salzgablah
New here

Re: IFTTT integration

Post by Salzgablah »

I would really like to be able to use more than one IFTTT account. A few of my users have their own IFTTT and would like to link it with their user on the QNAP.
digiweb
Starting out

Post by digiweb »

It would be nice if I can use IFTTT even if I'm using a noip DDNS.
QNAP TS-231+ with 2 4TB HGST Deskstar NAS drives on RAID1
QdroidSweden
Starting out

Post by QdroidSweden »

Anyone created their own applets?
Qnap TBS-453A 4Gb RAM - Single Storage Pool: 2x M.2 Sandisk X400 512Gb (RAID 1)
bopmz
New here

Post by bopmz »

So what about surveillance station? I am still not seeing a way (like custom events) to make it trigger IFTTT on motion detection. What I really like to have is some way to store local screen shot and push link on it to IFTTT. But I have not the slightest idea how it can be done.
QdroidSweden
Starting out

Post by QdroidSweden »

I would like there to be some Google Assistant applets where you can give voice commands to the QNAP. "Hey Google. Download Season 1 of XYZ on QNAP Download Station"
aseem86
New here

Post by aseem86 »

QdroidSweden wrote:I would like there to be some Google Assistant applets where you can give voice commands to the QNAP. "Hey Google. Download Season 1 of XYZ on QNAP Download Station"
Dear Friend

I am Aseem Manmualiya. I am the Product Manager from QNAP handling the IFTTT Agent application. I am happy to update you that we are going to release IFTTT Agent v1.1 (before M/E) in which we will add some new actions like:
1. Control the NAS music station (Play a specific playlist, Stop playing music, play next song of current playlist)
2. Control the NAS power control (Shutdown, Reboot, Sleep)
3. Control the Surveillance Station cameras (Stop recording, start recording, take a snapshot)

Using these actions you will be able to execute the following applets:
1. Use Amazon Alexa to play a specified playlist on your NAS (via Music Station)
2. Use Google Assistant to control music on your NAS (via Music Station)
3. You can shutdown/Reboot your NAS using any Trigger from your phone or some trigger from any IOT button
4. You can use motion detectors to detect motion and begin the recording from your Surveillance Station Camera
5. You can Start surveillance station camera recording once you leave your home and stop recording once your reach home

Also, keeping the interest of all the users of IFTTT Agent, we have created a separated FB page where you can directly communicate with us and be posted about the latest updates. Please like our FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/IFTTTAgent/
aseem86
New here

Post by aseem86 »

bopmz wrote:So what about surveillance station? I am still not seeing a way (like custom events) to make it trigger IFTTT on motion detection. What I really like to have is some way to store local screen shot and push link on it to IFTTT. But I have not the slightest idea how it can be done.
Hi Friend

I am Aseem Manmualiya. I am a PM from QNAP and responsible for IFTTT Agent application. Can you tell me exactly what kind of applet you are looking for. I will definitely find a way out for you. Do you want to share your Surveillance Station captured images on FB or Gmail, etc.
aseem86
New here

Post by aseem86 »

Salzgablah wrote:I would really like to be able to use more than one IFTTT account. A few of my users have their own IFTTT and would like to link it with their user on the QNAP.
Hi Friend

IFTTT Agent does support connecting with multiple users. For instance, you have a NAS that is shared by two other users (A and B), you being the admin. Then:

1. You can install IFTTT Agent (as admin) on your NAS. You can connect your IFTTT account with your NAS's admin account (using your myQNAPCloud ID)
2. User A can connect his IFTTT Account with your NAS's User A account (using your myQNAPCloud ID)
3. User B can connect his IFTTT Account with your NAS's user B account (using your myQNAPCloud ID)

Please feel free to like our FB page:

You can post your queries and issues on our FB page and I will try my best to respond immediately.
QdroidSweden
Starting out

Post by QdroidSweden »

Cool, Now I got the QNAP NAS update. Just waiting for the triggers and actions to show up on IFTTTs website. :)

Kind regards,

Stephan
bopmz
New here

Post by bopmz »

aseem86 wrote:
bopmz wrote:So what about surveillance station? I am still not seeing a way (like custom events) to make it trigger IFTTT on motion detection. What I really like to have is some way to store local screen shot and push link on it to IFTTT. But I have not the slightest idea how it can be done.
I am Aseem Manmualiya. I am a PM from QNAP and responsible for IFTTT Agent application. Can you tell me exactly what kind of applet you are looking for. I will definitely find a way out for you. Do you want to share your Surveillance Station captured images on FB or Gmail, etc.
Nice to meet you, Aseem.

So pretty common scenario. We have motion detection in our surveillance station. I like motion detected to trigger IFTTT and provide me with a screenshot from the camera. I'll route it into my IM integration from ifttt. Currently when I open surveillance station configuration there is no action type for IFTTT on motion detection. So first thing is to get it there. And second one is to give user ability to store screenshot with movement on QNAP disk and send link to that into action. Something like that.

Feel free to ask for any details. Thanks.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Hi Aseem,

Essentially _any_ event (system log, system connection log, App log) created on QTS and QTS Apps must be able to be used as an IFTTT action. As we're told there will be a new centralized log and audit system is in the works, this should not be difficult to be integrated.

Regards
-Kurt
i_love_lamp
Starting out

Post by i_love_lamp »

aseem86 wrote:
QdroidSweden wrote:I would like there to be some Google Assistant applets where you can give voice commands to the QNAP. "Hey Google. Download Season 1 of XYZ on QNAP Download Station"
Dear Friend

I am Aseem Manmualiya. I am the Product Manager from QNAP handling the IFTTT Agent application. I am happy to update you that we are going to release IFTTT Agent v1.1 (before M/E) in which we will add some new actions like:
1. Control the NAS music station (Play a specific playlist, Stop playing music, play next song of current playlist)
2. Control the NAS power control (Shutdown, Reboot, Sleep)
3. Control the Surveillance Station cameras (Stop recording, start recording, take a snapshot)

Using these actions you will be able to execute the following applets:
1. Use Amazon Alexa to play a specified playlist on your NAS (via Music Station)
2. Use Google Assistant to control music on your NAS (via Music Station)
3. You can shutdown/Reboot your NAS using any Trigger from your phone or some trigger from any IOT button
4. You can use motion detectors to detect motion and begin the recording from your Surveillance Station Camera
5. You can Start surveillance station camera recording once you leave your home and stop recording once your reach home

Also, keeping the interest of all the users of IFTTT Agent, we have created a separated FB page where you can directly communicate with us and be posted about the latest updates. Please like our FB page.

Perfect! That's exactly what I'm looking for. I want to be able to turn on motion detection/event recording when I leave the house, but turn it off when I return home. I thought IFTTT's geofencing capability would be perfect for this.

When will this capability be available?
QdroidSweden
Starting out

Post by QdroidSweden »

i_love_lamp wrote:

It's available now. ;)
i_love_lamp
Starting out

Post by i_love_lamp »

QdroidSweden wrote:
i_love_lamp wrote:

It's available now. ;)
Maybe I'm not doing it right... I've connected to the QNAP service in IFTTT. When I go to create an Applet, I don't see any triggers offered by QNAP having to do with Surveillance Station. The only options I see are "New file in your folder" and "New system event".

EDIT: Never mind, it's in the Actions part :)
QdroidSweden
Starting out

Post by QdroidSweden »

i_love_lamp wrote:
QdroidSweden wrote:
i_love_lamp wrote:

It's available now. ;)
Maybe I'm not doing it right... I've connected to the QNAP service in IFTTT. When I go to create an Applet, I don't see any triggers offered by QNAP having to do with Surveillance Station. The only options I see are "New file in your folder" and "New system event".

EDIT: Never mind, it's in the Actions part :)
Please let us know if you got it working the way you want it to?

Return to “Features Wanted”