VPN service

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
Jammis
Starting out

VPN service

Post by Jammis »

I would like a better integration with VPN services especially as a client.
The one that is now is very unstable.

I mainly use TorGuard as my VPN provide. There should be a TorGuard app to qnap, like there is to Windows, Mac OS etc..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model: TVS-473 64GB FW: 4.3.2
Disks: 4 x WD RED PRO 6TB NAS (WD6002FFWX) - RAID 1, 2x 525GB Crucial MX300 m.2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
schumaku
Guru

Re: VPN service

Post by schumaku »

Jammis wrote: There should be a TorGuard app to qnap, like there is to Windows, Mac OS etc..
TorGuard is a commercial provider of VPN services - challenge them to make the apps happen, as they do for other platforms already.
Jammis
Starting out

Post by Jammis »

Working on it!

Jammis
Starting out

Post by Jammis »

Just got a response from TorGuard. Telling me that they have had quite a few users asking for the same thing over the last 2 weeks. And that this has lead them to start developing an app for QNAP this week.
Further on they say that they will try to get this done as soon as possible, but that they dont have any ETA at this time, only that they are working on it.

/Jammis

josselin
First post

Post by josselin »

Hi,i've just buy an TAS168 and the Vyprvpn APP (like you suggest), is not compatible with the last firmware QTS 4.2.0... I'm so sad of it.
But i've a question, if i install the VyprVpn app from google play store, did all the traffic of the download station will pass through the VPN tunnel ?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

we do not know that android app .. try it out with a torrent leak test service (free online)
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Jammis
Starting out

Post by Jammis »

welljm wrote:I query very much if torguard designs an app for such request. Why do not subscribe for the service which already provides the program supporting qnap? Here you can read about one of such vpns https://www.bestvpnrating.com/news/qnap ... pn-product As for me, this way is much simpler and will save your time waiting for the app upgrading.
Im not a big fan of VyprVPn because of their logging:
"Each time a user connects to VyprVPN, we retain the following data for 30 days: the user's source IP address, the VyprVPN IP address used by the user, connection start and stop time and total number of bytes used."

If you dont mind the logging the VyprVPN is a good solution.

habanavee
First post

Post by habanavee »

I have a Qnap 251+ and I've been using Bullet VPN Service. But I could never get it to work on my Qnap. I'm new to all of this just posting to see if it's work. Where do I get the proxy info like host to get it to work.

Return to “Features Wanted”