File station Split screen

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
Dugimodo
New here

File station Split screen

Post by Dugimodo »

Personally I'd like it when moving files around if I could have the source and destination folders open at the same time. This would make it much quicker and easier to do multiple operations without navigating back and forth.
I know you can use a file manager on the PC and I do this, but on windows for example with mapped network drives the PC thinks they are 2 separate locations and does a full copy over the network which is very slow compared to a local file move in file station. Anyone else think this is a good Idea or is it just me?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: File station Split screen

Post by dolbyman »

be careful with moves on filestation ..it has a bug ..on moves where the destination has a permission error the source files are still deleted....

many people have lost files that way
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Dugimodo wrote:Personally I'd like it when moving files around if I could have the source and destination folders open at the same time. This would make it much quicker and easier to do multiple operations without navigating back and forth.
Windows Explorer or mac OS Finder don't have split screen, too. In a multi-windows environment, this Sidekick, NC, or whatever legacy is not required: We can open multiple File Station windows. Welcome to 2017.
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

Amazing... the Ajax Web GUI actually supports drag'n'drop between two File Station windows!! I had no idea! It never even occurred to me to try... I'm impressed. Learning something new everyday :-)
Thanks Kurt!
ImageImageImage

Return to “Features Wanted”