TS-563 HDD Crowbar (Removal Tool)

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
bitminer
Starting out

TS-563 HDD Crowbar (Removal Tool)

Post by bitminer »

I request a HDD Crowbar (Removal Tool) to be designed for the TS-563 for the removal of drives. For some reason the HDD Hot swap cage design makes it nearly impossible to remove the drives. It literally drew blood. When first purchased the drive bays functioned normally and on the TS-431 which has a somewhat cheaper design as it is plastic functions just fine to date, but the TS-563 with what I considered at the time a better hot swap drive has now become nearly impossible to remove. It started on a help desk with QNAP where I was asked to remove the drives and the middle drive (3 of 5) was nearly impossible to remove. Since all but the last drive bay is nearly impossible to remove and takes considerable force. It used to be just fip the lever and it would pop out, but not any more. Strange thing is I have been unable to determine just what the drives are catching on. The TS-563 was never dropped or damaged and has been sitting happy as a clam on the desk since I bought it... now it opens as easy as a clam too.

Return to “Features Wanted”