Airprint

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
sirbillio
First post

Airprint

Post by sirbillio »

What's the point of a home NAS server if it can't Airprint from all the devices in a home.
happy to pay for an app but seems there's no reliably easy way to do this without another pc running an app.
schumaku
Guru

Re: Airprint

Post by schumaku »

Allow this question: What's the point of a home printer if it can't AirPrint, can't Google Cloud Print, and probably can't supporting vendor proprietary App printing like HP Smart?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

sirbillio wrote:What's the point of a home NAS server if it can't Airprint from all the devices in a home.
Where in the name Network Attached Storage does Airprint come into play ? ... If Qnap offers something extra in terms of print options .. great .. but it still a STORAGE server
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Great! I guess this means it can't make coffee either.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Don wrote:Great! I guess this means it can't make coffee either.
Actually QNAP offers the NASpresso now ... *badumm tss*
Hans60
New here

Post by Hans60 »

sirbillio wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:24 pm What's the point of a home NAS server if it can't Airprint from all the devices in a home.
happy to pay for an app but seems there's no reliably easy way to do this without another pc running an app.
Would be the first NAS i'd see that is able to print...
Just as well as there's no printerserver with a mass storage device available for file-serving, mail-serving, ftp-serving...
bgdem
Starting out

Post by bgdem »

sirbillio wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:24 pm What's the point of a home NAS server if it can't Airprint from all the devices in a home.
QNAP is a wonderful machine, but because of some small things I bought Synology just two bays NAS, for AirPrint and mobile apps, their mobile apps
more advances vs QNAP.
QNAP: TS-853 Pro
Devbias
Starting out

Post by Devbias »

bgdem wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:28 am
QNAP is a wonderful machine, but because of some small things I bought Synology just two bays NAS, for AirPrint and mobile apps, their mobile apps
more advances vs QNAP.
Have to agree.
The Qnap is poor in many areas where the Synology excels and this is a typical example area.
The lack of a print server on the Qnap is extremely poor and has you thinking exactly who is Qnaps target market?
The USB share printer function is so outdated. Can you even purchase a USB printer anymore.
I know the company I work for dropped USB from its office machines many years ago.
I visitmany small business start ups that tend to run a NAS before the business can afford the expenditure of a dedicated server and every time its a Qnap its a problem which usually ends up with the Qnap being replaced.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Features Wanted”