Mail Server?

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
ibycus
Starting out

Mail Server?

Post by ibycus »

I see a few posts but nothing concrete. I’d like to be able to run a mail server on my qnap. I’ve seen the QmailClient program which is 99% of the way there, but I’d just like to be able to access it via outlook or other standard mail client, rather than have to use a webmail type interface...

Does such a thing exist? Am I blind?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Mail Server?

Post by dolbyman »

I guess nothing current anymore

viewforum.php?f=143
https://www.qnap.com/en/app_center/con_ ... .0&seq=232

With all the current hacking attacks, do not run anything on QNAP native and expose it (like a mailserver)

check for mailserver packages for VM or docker (you have not disclosed your NAS model, so no direct advise can be given)
ibycus
Starting out

Post by ibycus »

Wasn’t planning on exposing it to the world, just for internal network access. The idea would be qnap downloads, stores mail, wipes remote imap server, internal network accesses qnap imap server.

At home I’m running a TS-231, (older, no suffixes). Thinking about this for work. Would be buying a new Qnap to run.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

oh so like this
https://www.qnap.com/solution/qmailagent/en/

wont run on your nas though
ibycus
Starting out

Post by ibycus »

It does run on the nas, but (as far as I can see) doesn’t offer imap access to it. (Only web based access)
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

There are a few available, xeams being one of them. Did you check the App Store?
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +

Return to “Features Wanted”