Amazon Cloud Drive

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
macorden
New here

Amazon Cloud Drive

Post by macorden »

I received the following email this morning. Please tell me there is a plan to address this so that we can still sync with Aamazon Cloud Drive...
Dear Customer,

We’re writing to let you know about an upcoming change that may affect your content on Amazon Drive, and to help you take steps to keep your content safe.

We understand that you have used QNAP Hybrid Backup Sync, HybridMount or Cloud Drive Sync to store information on Amazon Drive.

Amazon will discontinue access to Amazon Drive by QNAP Hybrid Backup Sync, HybridMount and Cloud Drive Sync starting on April 30th, 2021.
Neither application will have access to Amazon Drive after April 30th, 2021. You will be able to access your stored content via Amazon Photos web, desktop, and mobile apps.

To ensure a smooth transition, we urge all QNAP Hybrid Backup Sync, HybridMount and Cloud Drive Sync users to follow these steps:

1. If you haven’t already, download the Amazon Photos mobile or desktop app. Or, you can use the web version by visiting: photos.amazon.com.

2. Check to see if your content includes encrypted files or special file formats. If your files are encrypted, you’ll need to save the content in a different format. Follow the tutorial from QNAP to learn how to access backup and encrypted data in Amazon Drive.

3. Upload your unencrypted content to Amazon Photos, using the apps or website.

After completing these steps, you’ll be able to access your content even after access to your QNAP Hybrid Backup Sync, HybridMount and Cloud Drive Sync has been discontinued.

We thank you for being a valued Amazon Photos customer, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Amazon Photos and Amazon Drive team
EffEcks
New here

Re: Amazon Cloud Drive

Post by EffEcks »

Does this effect S3?
desnap
Starting out

Post by desnap »

Good question. I'm not sure what 'Amazon Drive' is? I have been happily pushing backup data to S3 for years. Now I have a bunch of HBS jobs that fail with

"Failed to complete Backup job: "S3 pictures" Failed to connect to cloud storage service after multiple attempts. Check network settings". etc

I mean, what the hell Amazon, I'm *paying* you this, I'm not asking for charity?
desnap
Starting out

Post by desnap »

Ooops, may have jumped the gun here. On more digging, I discovered that my /etc/resolv.conf file is being interfered with such that the DNS was screwed. I manually repaired it and the S3 jobs now work. :oops: <sigh/>
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55

Return to “Features Wanted”