QSync general performance upgrade

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
AgileTS
New here

QSync general performance upgrade

Post by AgileTS »

Hi,

Having deployed and managed a few different QNAP devices now, mainly to support small business file sync and backups, I would love to see some improvement in the Qsync Clients and the Qsync Central app.

Qsync client performance, in general is slow:
-- There is high latency in detecting changes at the endpoints, then additional high latency in "scanning" and "synchronizing".
-- Using encrypted file transfers (HTTPS), I notice that each file is transferred inside a new HTTPS session, which is a bit ridiculous. Why not do bulk file transfers across a single HTTPS tunnel?
-- It also seems to synchronise files sequentially, which adds further delays. Why not do parallel file transfers? It's certainly not a bandwidth issue.
-- It sometimes detects file naming conflicts that do not exist and then, even after giving the end-user an option to perform a "bulk rename" operation, fails to do so.
-- I often need to restart the client, just to pause or restart the sync process.
-- Activating "Space Saving Mode" and "Smart Delete" on shared folders by default, without prompting the end-user, was a poor decision and has cost my clients several hours of downtime since the upgrade to version 5.0.
-- One-way sync on desktop clients is still needed.

The Qsync Central app is actually quiet good but could still use a few improvements:
-- It would be good to be able to visualise sync activity for each endpoint through a histograph.
-- It would be good to have more control options over the endpoints via Qsync Central. eg. currently, you can "block" or "remotely erase" an endpoint device and that's about it. It would be good to be able to start, stop and pause sync activity in real time. It would also be good to be able to probe the endpoint for a list of pending sync tasks and then be able to manipulate those tasks in real time.
-- In the case where an endpoint file system becomes massively out of sync with the NAS, it would be good to be able to see a "diff" file list to show what the variances are and when they occurred, then be able to set a temporary sync policy for that specific client, to resolve the problem.

These are big changes, I know, but file sync is one of the primary business tools QNAP offers, so it has to be top notch if I am to continue deploying QNAP NAS devices.

Regards,
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QSync general performance upgrade

Post by dolbyman »

Hope you wrote that same request in a ticket..otherwise nobody in charge will read this
AgileTS
New here

Post by AgileTS »

dolbyman wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:15 am Hope you wrote that same request in a ticket..otherwise nobody in charge will read this
I assume you mean via the service.qnap.com portal?
Is there another way to lodge a support ticket?

Thanks,
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

correct

Return to “Features Wanted”