QNAP Interface: Enable clipboard / Allow cut and paste of text from app windows etc

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
CarbonPepper
Getting the hang of things

QNAP Interface: Enable clipboard / Allow cut and paste of text from app windows etc

Post by CarbonPepper »

I have no idea why cut and paste is disabled in the QNAP GUI, but I find it to be a real pain having to re-type anything I want to research or keep a record of.

I'm used to just using the host OS's ability to highlight text with the mouse and Ctrl+C to get the text into the clipboard so I can use it elsewhere. Please can the GUI be improved to allow this?
"If QNAP made airbags, they’d test new versions using your face."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------__
TVS-471 with 4x WD Red 3Tb. Used for business. Stability valued over features.
Mix of clients: Ubuntu Linux, Mac OS, Windows 10.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QNAP Interface: Enable clipboard / Allow cut and paste of text from app windows etc

Post by dolbyman »

Unclear what you are talking about .. what "Host OS" ?

Web GUI? where is the issue here ?

Are you connecting to some VM via VNC or what ?
Mousetick
Experience counts

Re: QNAP Interface: Enable clipboard / Allow cut and paste of text from app windows etc

Post by Mousetick »

The OP means that it's not possible to select any text with the mouse in order to copy it (with Ctrl+C) to the clipboard, when using the QTS web UI.

For example, it's impossible to select and copy the firmware version or serial number on the Control Panel's main page. And it's the same everywhere in the UI and in all QTS apps.

Try it, you'll see :wink:

I agree it's annoying and needlessly crippled but I only use the web UI for infrequent administrative tasks so it's not too much of an issue.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Just use a plugin like "Enable Right Click & Copy" and it works no problem ;)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-CA/firefo ... ight-click
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... iika?hl=en
Mousetick
Experience counts

Post by Mousetick »

Works great. Thanks :)

Return to “Features Wanted”