Canon's RAW CR3 format

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
woter
Starting out

Canon's RAW CR3 format

Post by woter »

Hi,

There's an (annoyingly locked) thread on this already: viewtopic.php?t=166622, but picking up from where it left off:

Being able to view (and rate) Canon's (newer) RAW format CR3 files would be a very useful feature, one that I'd argue has a user base as the older CR2 file format is already supported. I can't speak for Mac, but Windows 10 & 11 don't natively support CR3 files either. One needs to install Canon software or the likes of Adobe Lightroom.

I'm not sure if it has something to do with QTS Hero OS, but the only app for photos on my NAS seems to be QuMagie and that doesn't recognise CR3. I don't know where Photo Station has gone to, but it's not listed.

I'd really like to be able to view CR3 files on my Android TV, so the Android TV App "Qmedia" would also have to support CR3.

The workaround for viewing CR3 files on my TV is to use Adobe Lightroom from my phone and cast to the TV, but files have to be uploaded first and in an ideal world, I'd be able to use the large TV screen to remove the junk, before uploading to Lightroom.

My guess is the fastest way to get CR3 support is via Plex. Plex supports CR2 and there is a feature request for CR3: https://forums.plex.tv/t/feature-reques ... /233284/10

Thanks.

W.
TS-h686
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Canon's RAW CR3 format

Post by dolbyman »

and this shall be closed as well

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=161411

Return to “Features Wanted”