Better multi-user TimeMachine Support

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
flowin
New here

Re: Better multi-user TimeMachine Support

Post by flowin »

desperately need multi-user TM support.
even being able to mount the TM share as an authorised user, then have quotas per user. Shouldn't be in the too hard basket at all
vladv
New here

Post by vladv »

Coming from Synology I really miss this ability. There you could define a folder that should be used by time machine and then all users could access it, according to standard user/group permissions and quota settings. A pity to see that after 6 years it hasn't been implemented.
flipper2222222
Starting out

Post by flipper2222222 »

I want to backup my time machine store to the external USB, anyone know how to do this?
cheers
aswoc
New here

Post by aswoc »

Would love to see ts-870 pro compatible with time machine on my new imac
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

aswoc wrote:Would love to see ts-870 pro compatible with time machine on my new imac
Why do you think it's not? Open a dedicated thread, or get in touch with QNAP Customer Service https://helpdesk.qnap.com/ - register and file a ticket.
ach1302
New here

Post by ach1302 »

Synology supports multiple users for Time Machine, according to the manual, QT does not. It has one quota for all machines in one location. I'm not sure, but are the individual machines have different security on the Qnap? The problem with one quota is, TM purges old stuff once the space runs low. I could wind up with one machine using 75% (1.5 TB) of the space with 3 years backup, then a new or different computer added more recently has only few months because it was only able to grab part of the remaining (300 TB.) TM has no purge after a certain date by a supported means. I went to QNAP thinking it had it. I would have purchased a Synology if I knew this. This was an important feature, and I read a misleading review about this. I will register and file a ticket when I get a chance.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Hi @arch1302! This matches the argumentation I'm driving on QNAP for a longer time. Yes, please file a ticket ...

Return to “Features Wanted”