How to ask for new features - SUBMIT A TICKET

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
LarsN
Experience counts

How to ask for new features - SUBMIT A TICKET

Post by LarsN »

I thought I'd write up a short "FAQ" here when it comes to asking for new features from QNAP.

There are a lot of requests from the forums for this, that and the other that should be added and this is great, but there are good was and not so good ways of asking for new additions.

We do encourage all of you to request new features, but try to keep the following in mind when you request features, as it'll make our job in trying to convince the rest of the company that your idea is a good one a lot easier.

First and foremost, if it's a really niche feature that less one percent of QNAP's customers are likely to use, it's not very likely that it'll ever happen, sorry.

Secondly, please try to provide a usage scenario, as this makes it easier to push for a feature, as there's a clear idea as to what this feature brings to the table.

Features that are likely to increase sales would always get a priority over feature that are less likely to do so.

Helpful information like links to similar projects/features are always useful, so please include them as it makes it easier to understand what you're requesting.

Keep in mind that integration with commercial software/products may not always be possible due to licensing costs/requirements etc.

Please try to keep these things in mind when you request new features, as it'll make it more likely that the feature(s) you're asking for will happen and it also makes it easier to present your feature to QNAP and get it approved.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: How to ask for new features

Post by Toxic17 »

FYI

Request in this forum by all means, but be warned, if you require QNAP to add features then please "submit a ticket". This forum is community based, and whilst QNAP own it, they do not frequent the forums that much.
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
Landhoff
Starting out

Post by Landhoff »

What is the point in setting up a "Features Wanted" thread in a customer forum if not reading what the customers post VERY frequent...?!?!???

at the same time this is the easiest way for Qnap to pickup what is on the customers top10 of desired features without having to do expensive and time consuming customer surveys.

But in usual Qnap stile it is neglected and obvious features like e.g. support for OneDrive sync coming very late compared to competitors.

I started out in 2007 with the smallest TS-109 which was upgraded to TS-109P, which again in turn was upgraded to TS-119 to TS219 to TS219II ending up with my current TS-221.
But I guess my Qnap journey ends here. I won't put up with Qnap's quality/service level. Qnap is in the expensive end, but their service, quality and feature launch is not matching their intension of being "best of breed" product.

I can only say pull your act together, Qnap...!!!
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Landhoff wrote:What is the point in setting up a "Features Wanted" thread in a customer forum if not reading what the customers post VERY frequent...?!?!???
How can you know what QNAP does read, and what not?
Landhoff
Starting out

Post by Landhoff »

Actually I don't, I was referring to the previous reply in this thread. And my few visits to the forum tells me he is not that much off with his comment.
Last edited by christian on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fullquote deleted.
mamfelt
Starting out

Post by mamfelt »

"submit a ticket" - that is an activity on the QNAP support site?

I guess a nice feature would be a way to "Submit a ticket" and have it create a post here (for community discussion), or vice versa.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

mamfelt wrote:"submit a ticket" - that is an activity on the QNAP support site?
Yes -> https://helpdesk.qnap.com/
mamfelt wrote:I guess a nice feature would be a way to "Submit a ticket" and have it create a post here (for community discussion), or vice versa.
True - however the two systems are not integrated for now.
johnripper
Experience counts

Post by johnripper »

mamfelt wrote:I guess a nice feature would be a way to "Submit a ticket" and have it create a post here (for community discussion), or vice versa.
In Terms of data security not a good idea.
javierin
Getting the hang of things

Post by javierin »

https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

You can submit feature requests there by creating a ticket.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

Please submit a Ticket direct with Qnap support.

This forum is a community based forum, and NOT monitored by QNAP Tech Support.

Thanks.

https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Return to “Features Wanted”