QMusic/Music Station Playlist Enhancements

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
Mickie-Dee
Starting out

QMusic/Music Station Playlist Enhancements

Post by Mickie-Dee »

1. Allow for playlists over 600 songs. I have over 300 GB of music in my TS-112P and would like to be able to create playlists up to 5000 songs.
2. Playlist editor (notepad).
3. Ability to import playlists (.m3u or/and .pls).
haljordan
Starting out

Re: QMusic/Music Station Playlist Enhancements

Post by haljordan »

I completely agree with #3 .pls would be great
jaszladie
New here

Post by jaszladie »

+1 for import/export of playlists

Please!
bitminer
Starting out

Post by bitminer »

+1 for import/export

+1 for stone tablet interface to chizzle my play list into music station as both PC web and Phone interfaces are terrible and that's being gracious.

QMusic is god awful slow and for large song databases it becomes wholly useless. I have long since asked for backup/restore of playlists especially when Music Station would wipe playlists on reboot or upgrade. But hey why expect a NAS to perform backup and restore right? or for that matter retain it's own settings? It would also be nice to be able to login to QMuisc locally lately it only seems to be able to connect through the cloud after trying every other "method" I would also add

4. Automatically delete itself from the nas and phone with a 404 error and alert user that your time is better spent whistling Dixie than trying to get this software to work
bitminer
Starting out

Post by bitminer »

I was thinking more about this and oddly the DNLA interface supports playlists through m3u format. Shows playlist as PLAYLISTNAME and m3u as PLAYLISTNAME .m3u. This is of course if you use Kodi on a Raspberry Pi and not a Roku Premier as Roku no longer seems to process or receive the playlist through DLNA anymore. Proving that not all Smart devices are smart enough.

Return to “Features Wanted”