Increasing system volume size

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
TheKobe
New here

Increasing system volume size

Post by TheKobe »

Hi all,

is it possible, to increase the size of the system volume? It seems that it is allowed to click on the Button "Change volume size" and I pressed this button. It's been almost 4 hours since I pressed it and nothing happens except that I see the loading icon running. Of course I will still wait, but I'm unsure whether this makes sense. I have some GB left on the storage pool that I want to use for the system...

TS-451+
FW: 4.5.4.1787
In the QuLog Center I can't see something that could be relevant for my request.

Thanks!
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Increasing system volume size

Post by dolbyman »

Got any screenshots?
TheKobe
New here

Post by TheKobe »

Hi, I've added an attachment.

The first question is, if it is possible to increase the volume.

If not, perhaps I see another possibility. Until now I installed all of my apps on the system volume. I think, I should move the apps to a new volume, at least the apps that can be moved. All new apps will be also installed on this new volume. The only stupid thing is that then I have 2 volumes for the apps, since not all apps can be moved.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Always make sure to change UI language to english when posting screenshots (or post in the German QNAP forum)

Try a different browser and see if the UI loads..if still nothing, try a reboot
TheKobe
New here

Post by TheKobe »

I have deleted some apps and I moved some apps to another drive, so I have about 15% free space on my system drive. I restarted (several times) my NAS and installed also the newest firmware on it: 4.5.4.1800.

I think, the restart helped to get now the following message that appears, when clicking on the button to increase the volume size:

"Action cannot be performed because the selected volume, LUN or its' parent storage pool is active or in abnormal state" (translated free from me)

I can not find anything "abnormal" on my disks. All states are green, means "good". Then I think, the reason could be the "active" volume, whatever that means exactly?!
TheKobe
New here

Post by TheKobe »

After a few days, what also means after several restarts, I tried it again and then suddenly it works. I could increase the volume size. But what I did a few days before: I moved all apps that could be moved to another volume. I don't know if this helped or this was the reason why I unexpectedly could increase the size, but I wanted to mention it.
Now the volume size is increased and the moved apps are moved back again to this volume.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”