Failed to check file system

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
IoVTeam
First post

Failed to check file system

Post by IoVTeam »

Dear all,
This is my very first post on this forum, I hope my question won't be a duplicate. Besides, we are definitely expert in this field, so we may have done dumb actions, please go easy on us :DD

In a few words, the context : After moving our NAS (TVS-2472XU-RP) to a new IT room, we had some issues to set new IP address, and rebooted several times before using the right solution (using QFinder pro...).
With web interface back online, we realized that one Volume was not available, and needed a File system check. Wed did it once, but the process got stuck at approximately 70%. After one day waiting, we decided to stop it and try something else.

Using the solution presented by rop in viewtopic.php?t=147841, (stopping the services then launch e2fsck_64) we understood that this process was not stuck, but veeeeeeery slow:
Indeed, after almost 4 days, we saw that 25k inodes were corrected(1,602,363 - 1,578,202), over the 1.6 millions, i.e. 1.5% in 4 days :shock:

Code: Select all

Pass 1C: Scanning directories for inodes with multiply-claimed blocks
Pass 1D: Reconciling multiply-claimed blocks
(There are 1602363 inodes containing multiply-claimed blocks.)

Pass 1C: Scanning directories for inodes with multiply-claimed blocks
Pass 1D: Reconciling multiply-claimed blocks
(There are 1578202 inodes containing multiply-claimed blocks.)

DataVol1: (There are 1555563 inodes containing multiply-claimed blocks.)
So again, we decided to stop this process. Since then, using the web interface, checking file system now failed very quickly, and the volume remains unmounted.
We don't know exactly what to do, and would like to test other approaches before giving up, and lose all data we had in this Volume.
Any thoughts of what should be done ?

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”