TS-431 Support Drive Roaming?

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
Witchboard
Starting out

TS-431 Support Drive Roaming?

Post by Witchboard »

I was increasing my storage space from 3TB drives to 6TB drives to perform an expansion. All was going well until the last drive. When I pulled it to replace, the NAS freaked out and stopped responding to everything but ping. I shut it down and installed the original drive back in and it was in the process of rebuilding. I guess the rebuild failed, then the array went read only, and failed the recovery, so I'm going to put my original 3TB drives back in to recover and start the drive replacement from scratch, minus the one that was in progress of rebuilding when it failed.

Long story short. Does the NAS support drive roaming or do I need to put the drives back in their original slots? I still have them, but I don't recall which slot each one came out of.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS-431 Support Drive Roaming?

Post by dolbyman »

has nothing to do with "roaming", the disks were taken out one by one..so the raid meta data on them has desynced (event counter) amongst them

so that is not an option anymore..you would need to start from scratch then and restore from backups
Witchboard
Starting out

Re: TS-431 Support Drive Roaming?

Post by Witchboard »

That's unfortunate. Thanks for the heads up.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”